Can I adjust greddy 2jz oil cooler for 7M-gte

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Hi guys,

Last year I bought a 16-row greddy oil cooler with oil filter relocation kit.
The guy I bought it from used it on his single turbo 2jz-gte engine but he sold the car and parts separately.
As I needed to upgrade my oil cooling system I bought this in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately I was just a bit too late as one of my crank bearings chose to call it a day making me rebuild by 7M just again.
So my shortblock will be coming back from the machine shop soon and I want to adapt the greddy oil cooler set to my 7M-GTE.

So I found out that I need an NA "hollow stud" to screw the sandwich plate onto the block.
But then...? There are a lot of ports on the greddy set.

Can someone tell me how to run the oil hoses ?
And What to do with the "front" part of the sandwich plate? put an extra filter on? cap it off?
I don't have a picture of the actual set but I found some online so I'm borrowing them as my kit is exactly the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

2013-02-11_15-49-59_892_zps4ce1cf2d.jpg

index.jpg

moreoil.jpg

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Thanks Jdub for your answer.
I've read the thread a few times already, and maybe it's the language barrier or maybe I don't know how to ask my question properly....or maybe I'm just plain stupid :p, but I can't seem to find my question answered in that thread.
I've done some 7M rebuilds in the past but i'm nowhere near an expert on cars, and certainly this oil cooler upgrade and filter relocation stuff is all new to me

I've read that I need something to control the temperature with so i'll be getting a thermostat also, and i've seen in the other thread that I need to place it inline so that part is clear to me.
I'm not trying to be ignorant, I just really don't understand. I'm sorry. :(

Also, maybe I should make clear that I'm trying to make this kit work and not sell it and buy something else.
For now this is what I have to work with. In case this is completely wrong for the 7M and I can't use it can you also please say that so I know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
I was thinking, I can run one of the hoses from the sandwich plate to the remote adapter filter, and from there to the oil cooler and from the cooler back to the sandwich plate.
That way I need to cap off two of the four holes on the sandwich plate and also plug the hole of the return line on the oil pan right?

Even then, still wondering what I should do with the "what goes here" part of the sandwich plate.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
okay damn I think it just struck me when I was on my way home..... My perception of sandwich plate is wrong isn't it/
The smaller part is going on the block and the big part is the relocation part of the kit, and that is where the oil filter must go.....right ?

man I feel stupid....