C4 bites the dust

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Tonight I was giving my nephew Aaron a ride in my 87. He's ridden in it before but not since Sean aka funky_monkey58 and I got her up and running after the 2JZ swap and tuning. We warmed her up, then took her out on the highway. I did one pretty hard pull and then hit a red light. This section of Highway 15 has a 60 mph limit and is located near my house. The MN Highway Patrol also has an office on the corner so I am always a bit reluctant to hit her hard on this section.
I was just talking with Aaron when I noticed a blue C4 corvette switch lanes and pull up beside me. I looked over and there was a guy around 50 with his wife. I am also 50+ so I thought what the heck, maybe I can get a real race here. He revved his car a bit and so did I. When the light hit green. He burned like crazy and took off. I was a bit slower on my launch. I am still getting used to this set up and even though I was a bit slow, my car quickly hit boost and I was burning rubber like crazy. Once I hit 2nd I also burned like crazy. The ass end of my car was really hard to control for a second. Almost had to let off on her. Once she finally got a bit more traction I started closing the gap. Once I hit 3rd, I quickly reeled him in and blew past him. The length of time between gears is so short on this beast. It's like 3K and then 7K. The GT35 is small but I have to say, she will put you right back in the seat. Once I was at 100 and he was 4-5 car lengths behind, I shut her down. I wish I could have caught this on tape but it happened so fast.
Aaron was laughing & smiling and so was I. I realize these C4s are the not the fastest, but at least I finally got a chance to run her through the gears with decent competition.
Once we got to the next light, the Corvette had a chance to again pull up along side to try another run. I wanted to go from a roll this time, really kick some ass, but he didn't want any part of it. He switched lanes and meagerly kept behind me.

I am pretty sure his tune changed from "Look honey, a ricer to pick on", to "Holy Shit". I love educating the locals.

Dan

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Fuzz420;1396577 said:
Nice kill

this was rough weekend for vettes

tell me about it thats what happens when you buy a $70,000 car and you dont have enough money left over to modd it...... :3d_frown: