Apex'i RSM... Does it work?

jazz

Apr 6, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.funkynerd.com
Hopefully an easy question for someone here.

I was wondering if the Apex'i RSM actually works correctly on the MKIII Supra. I have an Apex'i AVC-R and the speed sensor part of it does not work correctly (it's a known issue) and I was wondering if it is a common problem across all the Apex'i products.

I'd like to get an RSM but there's really no point if the speed sensor on it is farketed. :(

Anyone? :)

TIA.

Larry_A

You don't matter
Apr 7, 2005
SoCAL
jazz said:
Hopefully an easy question for someone here.

I was wondering if the Apex'i RSM actually works correctly on the MKIII Supra. I have an Apex'i AVC-R and the speed sensor part of it does not work correctly (it's a known issue) and I was wondering if it is a common problem across all the Apex'i products.

I'd like to get an RSM but there's really no point if the speed sensor on it is farketed. :(

Anyone? :)

TIA.
I ran the 1st Gen RSM on my '87 & every function worked flawlessly. It even had tire circumference compensation for the speedo. I installed it to act as an rpm switch for NO2 between the master switch & the throttle switch to prevent injection below 3K rpms. I took it out a month later since I'd decided to put off NO2 until I finally get the AEM EMS installed, & to let the EMS do the job. Heh, it's still sitting in the box, like new.....