Any Central NY Supra owners - mechanics out there?

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
I'm reaching out to see if there are any local Supra guys out there that may help another owner out. I'm a bit over my head with a motor rebuild. I have build many motorcycle engines but this thing is different and I don't have confidence in myself putting it all together. Is there anyone around with 7M experience that would be willing to help me out assembling? Pizza and drinks are on me!

Current state: short block work is done, most of the parts are cleaned and painted and I have a lot of new stuff. In theory everything is there ready to bolt together but I'm sure we would find somethings I should replace so I'm guessing it would be two nights of work to get the motor together. Is there anyone that can help out that knows these motors? I could even pull a few dollars together for your time.

Location: Kirkville NY ..... That's a little east of Syracuse.

I'm not in a hurry as this car project is now in year 3.
Thanks! Andrew

a91b5baa97962229e44d863170d7b4c0.jpg
5bf86babf3a46e09a9a39105762c69b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thefox

Mar 19, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Yes I do. I have the head loosely on but I have not confidence that I'm not missing something and the factory manual does not have as many pictures as I would like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I love that my car runs great but, Man do I miss just spending time working on it. Just assembling and enjoying the time.
This brings back good (and aggravating) times. I hope you guys meet up and have a good time with this!

I still have plenty of body work and smaller stuff to go. Engine work is just a lot of fun.

Have fun!