Another black car.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Very nice, the car looks really clean, especially the interior. Whats it got under the hood? Supercharged V8?

I love black cars, they look great when they're clean, but they're such a pain to keep clean. Do you still have the SC? I remember seeing you post pictures of it in one of your threads a while ago.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Silver MK3;2031088 said:
Very nice, the car looks really clean, especially the interior. Whats it got under the hood? Supercharged V8?

I love black cars, they look great when they're clean, but they're such a pain to keep clean. Do you still have the SC? I remember seeing you post pictures of it in one of your threads a while ago.

Yep. A hand built 5.5L supercharged V8 493hp and 515lbs of torque. The square plate on top of the supercharger is the signature of the person who built it. And yes, once you go black it's hard to go back. High maintenance on keeping it clean for sure.
I do still have the SC. Once I get comfortable with the Benz I'll probably sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
gtsfirefighter;2031146 said:
Yep. A hand built 5.5L supercharged V8 493hp and 515lbs of torque. The square plate on top of the supercharger is the signature of the person who built it. And yes, once you go black it's hard to go back. High maintenance on keeping it clean for sure.
I do still have the SC. Once I get comfortable with the Benz I'll probably sell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. I really like those years of Mercedes with that style of headlights. I think they look great. I'm sure with that power you won't have any worries merging onto the interstate haha. I've got a black 4Runner and it's a pain to keep it clean, so I feel your pain. The good thing about it though is it being a 4Runner it looks good covered in dirt and mud too. Hopefully she treats you well, and good luck selling the SC if you decide to do so!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, that design is supposedly the last for one of their hugely successful designers and the enthusiasts are hoping for them to become collectible but we'll see. Their hydraulic suspension ( the Active Body Control ) seems to be the BHG equivalent to Mercedes. It has really hurt the cars reputation.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ken, cool as they are, I only really like them in theory. It's one of those cars that I would only personally buy if it had fairly high miles, for the simple fact that a car that's in the shop more often than not can't reach high mileage. ;)

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
This car is an itch I've got to scratch. After researching it since February and watching tons of DIY videos, it looks pretty reasonable to keep up with. There is a traditional coilover strut alternative to the ABC suspension that I'll most likely pursue when it starts to give me trouble. A buddy and I are thinking of going in halves on a Mercedes STARS diagnostic system for the electronic aspects of our cars. He has an SL500.
And yes. The CL55 has been labeled a depreciation king! Haha.