Adjusting tokico illumina 2 for tems

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Just installed them all the way around with eibachs, the shocks did not come with the plastic cap indicators, but i know the flat part on the shaft is the 5 position. I have searched my ass off but could find a thread on this:

The adjuster just spins all the way around and doesn't stop. there is no difference on the little metal pin to show which way its adjusted to. If i think its on position 1 it could be on position 3 or vice versa. the instructions say nothing about how its supposed to be adjusted when installed.

Can they be adjusted to far? is there a better way of making them all the same other than trial and error?

Can anyone shed some light please?

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Wiisass;1219646 said:
I don't know anything else about these things. I think they're fine either direction, but can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure that's how the stock tems are.

But you bought these and don't have TEMS? So why did you buy them?

I do have tems. Maybe these are made to be exact oem replacements and they are only three way adjustable. Not trying to be dense, just thought i would get more adjustablilty out of them and i guess i am over complicating this.... :dunno:

someone who knows for sure feel free to chime in and set me straight, thanks.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
Wiisass;1219646 said:
I don't know anything else about these things. I think they're fine either direction, but can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure that's how the stock tems are.

But you bought these and don't have TEMS? So why did you buy them?

I do believe you're correct on that.AFAIK they are just orientated in the three directions,doesn't matter if they are 180 degrees difference.

slidahz

Feb 19, 2013
San Diego, CA
OP, did you run into any issues with the adjuster being 180 degrees off? I had the exact same question about the adjuster on the Tokico Illumina 2 shock.

I called Tokico and they told me it was 5-way adjustable and if I turn all the way clockwise it would stop and that would be most firm. I tried that but it keeps spinning and never stops... so perhaps it is only 3 way adjustable...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thread is 5 years old and op last logged in in 2012.

You need to keep turning them. Its not like coil overs where they adjust 1/8 turn.

slidahz

Feb 19, 2013
San Diego, CA
hvyman;2033094 said:
Thread is 5 years old and op last logged in in 2012.

You need to keep turning them. Its not like coil overs where they adjust 1/8 turn.

I tried turning but it never ends. I gave it at least ten 360 degree revolutions. Any ideas?