A340e Built Trans Users Info Needed

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
I have been lately thinking of switching my car to auto. I have a turbo auto donor car that has everthing i need. The nice thing is these trans have overdrive. I wanted to get some info of anyone that has used these trans either had it sent out or had a local shop put it together with all the aftermaket parts for these. Planing on being over 600rwhp.
Or is the th350/th400 way to go?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
A built th350 is what I ordered for my 2jz swap I'm doing now, but I've since changed my mind and I thought I'd give the a340e a try. I bought a built one from a guy on supraforums about four years ago and it's just been sitting in the floor of my garage since then. It was built by ATF in florida. I know the th350 will be a little stronger but I really want over drive. The th350 is a lot cheaper to have built and it's stronger, but it's also a three speed. I guess the decision is based on how much high way miles you drive and if you plan on taking it to the track a lot. The new built a340e and a341e's from ATF are suppose to hold 800 hp, but they cost three grand with a core.

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
Thanks for the info. I dont plan on being a weekend warrior lol.. Go to the track on occasion but im with you on having overdrive. I will look into atf website and get some insight. Would you say they are the best on the a340e trans?