88 7m vs 08 S2000

crimson88

Apr 26, 2009
Springdale
So a few months ago my friends parents bought him an 08 S2000, and ive never bothered racing him because i knew my mk3 would lose. We are both 17 and its always kind of ticked me off because i worked so hard to get my car and his just got handed to him after he failed two classes in school last year.

well he got a new exhuast, and while on break from class one day last week we took the cars out to record some clips. we lined up at a stop light and both launched, and i couldnt beleive it but i left him behind. i was ahead until around 70 when i hit the brakes because a turn was coming, at which point he flew past me. he spun alot on his launch, but im still amazed i pulled ahead.

a few days later we went again, this time from a thirty roll. i was inching ahead, before i hit the brakes because itd been raining and a corner was coming up. my 230 lb friend was in my passenger seat at the time, so i think i should be able to take the s2k. ill try to get a vid next time.

i have an 88 turbo 5 speed, mods are intake, bosch bpv, Bic Recirc DP, TMS test pipe, and Tanabe cat back.

you can flame all you want, or call bs. sadly we didnt get a vid. but im still proud as hell of my car. :icon_bigg

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
yup i raced one a while back, S2000 are slow. When i first beat one i was all happy, then i found out what they run in the 1/4 and bro there slow. Same as rx8's to me.
Good kill.

Its fun when you beat up on cars that are worth at least 10,000 more than yours and there just left wondering wtf just happen?

crimson88;1437699 said:
i was inching ahead, before i hit the brakes because itd been raining and a corner was coming up.

You were racing in the rain?

crimson88;1437699 said:
you can flame all you want, or call bs. sadly we didnt get a vid. but im still proud as hell of my car. :icon_bigg

I believe you. And nice job. But the last thing we need is a dead SM member. :nono: Don't race in the rain. It's that simple.

Sinful7m

addicted to boost...
Aug 26, 2009
Oldbridge Nj
awsbakerordie;1438600 said:
You were racing in the rain?

I believe you. And nice job. But the last thing we need is a dead SM member. :nono: Don't race in the rain. It's that simple.

very true