7m MKIII vs. GTI

818Supra

Feb 12, 2008
Pacoima, CA
I've had my 87 Supra for a while, but have finally gotten around to fixing it up. I just got done swapping the transmission and also put on my 3" catback from Raptor Racing which is awesome! My friend at work always brags about how fast his 2007 Fahrenheit GTI is, and I finally put my car to the test. We both got out of work at the same time, so we're driving at about 35-40mph and he jumps on it quick. I downshift to 2nd and start pulling on him slowly, once I go into 3rd I am about 2 car lengths ahead. We had to slow down because cars were in front of us, but there was no point in going any further since I would have kept pulling on him.

I didn't believe I would beat him because his car is way smaller and lighter than mine. He has a 3" downpipe and catback, and the engine is a 1.8L Turbo.

The mods that I have are BIC downpipe, 3" raptor racing exhaust, apexi intake, spearco replica intercooler w/ hardpipes and HKS bov, and mbc set at 10lbs of boost. I also had all my tools in the back with an extra pair of Epsilon rims and tires in the rear.

Now its time to take on the rest of my friends' cars which include a 94 tt 300zx, 95 integra gsr, and two 87 5.0 mustangs(torque is insane on these 2!)

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
Yea should have beaten that car worst than that..
He needs about at least 260 to the wheels to make it a good race with your car and from the mods your probaly at least puttin a high 280 to the wheels wit your turq well in the 300s..
He must have gotten the jump??

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Good kill man! I'd say you'll beat the zx and integ too and as far as the stangs go, I have no idea hahaha. Good luck though!

Any mods on the zx and integ?

818Supra

Feb 12, 2008
Pacoima, CA
Yea I would have beat him by more, but we raced less than a quarter mile. The zx doesn't have any mods, but the integra has an exhaust and all upgraded internals. I should beat both of those cars pretty easily. Now the mustang 5.0 is a different story haha.

91TURBOSUPRA

Apr 2, 2005
ct
i raced this zx once the tt version but it was really bad..... for him..... he had 3in exhaust,15psi, side mount intercoolers, hard pipes, safc tune...... long story short i gave him a 3 car lead and beat him by 8 cars this is all before i even got to redline 4th gear... and i was short shifting...lol

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
91TURBOSUPRA;1360847 said:
i raced this zx once the tt version but it was really bad..... for him..... he had 3in exhaust,15psi, side mount intercoolers, hard pipes, safc tune...... long story short i gave him a 3 car lead and beat him by 8 cars this is all before i even got to redline 4th gear... and i was short shifting...lol

There not that slow or maybe u just got too much money under the hood LOL..
But i will say they dont Dyno as good as i thought..