1989 Supra Turbo and my friends Civic photoshoot

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I wont hurt anything as long as it isn't leaking boost, or broken. I wouldn't doubt that its leaking now tho.. (doesnt have the pressure in the diphram from vacum line to hold it shut).

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
supra90turbo said:
people block out the license plates to keep haters from hatin.
I'll show you what I can get on you from just a license plate number if you'd like.

Soo you gonna show us :biglaugh: :naughty:

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
TurboFreak88 said:
Yeah I already took the sticker off of the tail...lol
I dont know how that PLASTIC IC piping isn't melting!!! Time for some new IC piping!!

Getting the wheels in a couple months..
turbo wrap... or heat shield on the pipes woudl do the trick... might even give you 10+ hp back

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
lagged said:
do you want a new upper timing belt cover to replace that butchered one you have on there? ive got a few for sale.
Ok so here is the deal with the timing cover. I have seen many supras that have the top part cut off or removed or w/e and I tried to make my own version of that and it came out horrible. Do I need the timing cover? Do you have a clear cover?

Can I use heat wrap on the turbo or would i need a turbo blanket?

Last edited:

SupraJDS

Mar 31, 2006
--
I think you would need to use a turbo blanket, I have never seen a turbo wraped with heat rap. Just get the Stock heat shield.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
TurboFreak88 said:
Ok so here is the deal with the timing cover. I have seen many supras that have the top part cut off or removed or w/e and I tried to make my own version of that and it came out horrible. Do I need the timing cover? Do you have a clear cover?

Can I use heat wrap on the turbo or would i need a turbo blanket?

heh i was only joking around. i might suggest sanding the edges down to smooth it out and get rid of the melted parts?

you dont NEED that cover, ive been running around without mine but thats only cause im lazy. ill be putting it back.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Nice car. Can I make a small suggestion though? You should move your Greddy bov, down to where the 45 elbow goes into the plastic abortion-through-the-fender piece. It will still function correctly, and sound the same. Not to mention, will preserve the life of the Greddy RS. I also have the DDP, and cut off the back part of my heat shield, then polished it. Looks pretty good.

TurboFreak

NOBAMA
Jan 22, 2006
East Coast
91T breezen' said:
Nice car. Can I make a small suggestion though? You should move your Greddy bov, down to where the 45 elbow goes into the plastic abortion-through-the-fender piece. It will still function correctly, and sound the same. Not to mention, will preserve the life of the Greddy RS. I also have the DDP, and cut off the back part of my heat shield, then polished it. Looks pretty good.
Yup I already moved it...I got some other more updated threads of my car on hear, just to let you know.