zero boost lag idea...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
gotboost$ said:
well think of a pressure washer... it only ouputs (liters per hour) as much as it can feed from the garden hose... like 7-10gph. (I used to pressure wash trucks for FedEx freight). But the output is under high pressure... so running a garden hose over a turbine wont do much of anything(like the primary coolent line into this design). But put that under a high pressure nozzle like that on a pressure washer, (this is what i planned on using for the prototype) then you are spinning that wheel at at least 4,000 rpm dont you think?

so for the question about reworking the vacume system, it wouldn't be necessary if you had a staged boost controller, (one that regulates boost per gear) so in 1st gear with the system on you can be at a dead stop and still make boost. How much boost would be variable depending on how big of a turbo you have on the car.

It all clicks to me. You would need an upgraded alternator and deep cell battery, but i already have those on my car.

Sounds like it will be a winter project but i think i'm gonna "borrow" the water pump from by dads big ass pressure washer ( needs rebuilt anyways). This thing is 5' tall and 4' wide. Its awesome... runs on kerocine.

keep the ideas and feedback coming guys... much appreciated

yes but you are forgetting one very important thing. That water under pressure is being ran by... a 6 HP motor!! Then that said pressure HAS to go somewhere and in this case it will go back into the engine increasing the internal pressure of coolant system...

once again nothing is free.

G

gotboost$

figgie said:
yes but you are forgetting one very important thing. That water under pressure is being ran by... a 6 HP motor!! Then that said pressure HAS to go somewhere and in this case it will go back into the engine increasing the internal pressure of coolant system...

once again nothing is free.

Actually it was run off of 2 rechargable deep cell batteries and lasted for a few hours...

pressure does have to go somewhere... pressure caused by the nozzle would flow into the same stream as the main coolent line, then could be "stepped down" by a regulator..

we are haveing a hell of a brainstorm in here guys!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
gotboost$ said:
Actually it was run off of 2 rechargable deep cell batteries and lasted for a few hours...

pressure does have to go somewhere... pressure caused by the nozzle would flow into the same stream as the main coolent line, then could be "stepped down" by a regulator..

we are haveing a hell of a brainstorm in here guys!

nice try.

don't work that way. SCIENE my man. Can not take out more than you put in. Unless you go to the power of Vacuum!!!.. :p