Zach's Overall Overkill 7M Thread

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I was kicking a bunch of my crap around the shop today and realized that maybe starting a build thread would help me get motivated to get rolling on my Supra.

I'm mainly going to use this thread to dump pictures and information in for myself and for reference, but feel free to chime in with comments or questions.

Here are some shots of the exterior with the new wheels/tires.

They're MB Motoring Drifters in 18x8.5 26mm offset and 18x9.5 35mm offset.
I've got 265's up front and they pucker a bit, going to step down to 245's. I've got 285/35's on the rear and they look just perfect for my taste.

Exterior plans are to install my bomex 2-hole lip and kaminari sides, respray the bumpers since they aren't glossy anymore and install a CF TurboA style duct to get some air to the intercooler. I'll relocate my license plate to one side to avoid any unnecessary police attention for front plate violations. Just wait until I go pick up my vanity plates, y'all will get a chuckle :)

p867234_1.jpg

p867234_2.jpg

p867234_3.jpg

Here's the freshly painted engine bay. It needs to be cut and buffed, but looks decent overall. I just used some engine paint and clear, may redo it with base/clear automotive paint before the motor goes in if I don't like the way it comes out after buffing.

p867234_4.jpg

Here are some pictures of the trunk install. I'm going to rework the trim piece and probably redo some of the vinyl, I'm pretty picky. It sounds fabulous and pounds more than I'll ever need. I'll be adding another pair of 5 1/4 inch midbasses in the front map pockets to try to maintain some kind of soundstage.

p867234_5.jpg

p867234_6.jpg

p867234_7.jpg

p867234_8.jpg

p867234_9.jpg

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
The motor consists of the following so far:

JE Pistons, stock compression .030 over, Crower Rods, New Aisin oil pump, Brand new toyota pan (I'll add some extension to the sump for more capacity and baffling), deburred block, etc.

I'm having Erin Carpenter build a cylinder head for me with 1mm over valves, mild springs and probably some Schneider regrinds. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon, but Erin is working some serious magic with this head.

p867240_1.jpg

p867240_2.jpg

p867240_3.jpg

p867240_4.jpg

Here you'll see my creative use of an old Medical Oxygen bottle. Makes a good intake manifold, right? The front will be cut off, obviously. Still need a lot of work on this intake mani, just haven't had time to do test-fitting.

p867240_5.jpg

Here's a seat I scored in a trade deal, I just need to spend five bucks on a new harness guide and then find a matching seat. Sitting on the seat is my CF duct that will be mounted a la TurboA

p867240_6.jpg

Here's my drawer of electronic goodies. Apexi EL2 black-face water temp, oil temp and boost, all with peak/hold/playback, Cyberdyne oil pressure and fuel pressure with peak hold, AEM wideband, Greddy Profec B Spec II, Black AFC II, etc.

Here's what I work all the magic with. If you complain about the cost of Snap-On tools then you should seriously compare them with Craftsman and tell me what you'd rather work with every day.

(I know, I know, the top of my big box is a mess, things have been nuts at work lately)
p867240_7.jpg

p867240_8.jpg

That's it for this installment, stay tuned for more as I find some time.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
cruisnhard said:
sweet. looks like a great start. What are your next plans?

Overall plans are probably a Borg Warner S364 or S366, looking for 500ish on pump gas. Probably will end up with an AEM, new engine harness, ZWMotorsports manifold/downpipe/midpipe with a Tial 44mm wastegate. I'll be doing a custom 4 inch thick front mount setup with 3 inch piping and most likely a Tial blowoff valve.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Nice build zach. Havnt seen you in a while. How are you guys going to race if both your cars are down? Get back to work! Lol

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
Nice smoothing work on the inside of the block! Was going to do that to mine but ran out of time and patience. Great work so far -- more pics!

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Tgood said:
Nice build zach. Havnt seen you in a while. How are you guys going to race if both your cars are down? Get back to work! Lol

Mine has no motor, so it's easier to push, but Ben played football, so he's got the manpower advantage. I may pull him on the top end, but it'd be a close race. We'd have to go from a roll because there's no way I could get that car moving by myself.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
Yea ben looks like he could play a sport. Well since my car has a bhg then I could actually race in this race. I played soccer all of my life so us racing from a roll means I should win! Lol I thought you were thinking about going 1jz?

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I was really thinking hard about it until I came across the built shortblock, then decided to build the 7M I've always wanted. So many 1jz's out there, it's hard to do anything different. I'll be 10 times more different for actually having a well built 7M with all the details.

Tgood

All throttle no bottle
Dec 16, 2005
ennis/dfw
I get what your saying.I'm on the same bridge right now. The main thing I'm worried about is down time. I havnt had a car since november.

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Here's what I work all the magic with. If you complain about the cost of Snap-On tools then you should seriously compare them with Craftsman and tell me what you'd rather work with every day.

(I know, I know, the top of my big box is a mess, things have been nuts at work lately)
p869853_1.jpg

[.[/QUOTE]

I have the same roller chest, but in red....I absolutly love it!