your thoughts & opinoins on nitrous?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I was just curious as to what you guys think about using nitrous? I'v used it before on an NA car, but never on a turbo car. I have the fuel support for it and good internals for it. So would it be safe to use?

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
Unless you're at the maximum HP your motor can attain why would you consider NOS?

Have you calculated the total cost of installation/setup/tuning for a NOS kit as opposed to getting more power out of your car (bigger turbo, more boost, cams...) and then comparing which is more feasible?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
It depends on what type you want to do? I'm going to get an Ntercooler kit by NOS that goes on the IC and sprays it after I get my car all done. A guy here did it and got 45rwhp and 67rwtq! And his tune is almost identical. That's the type of kit that I would get.

Why do you need this? You already have lots of boost to go on your Boss Turbo and they spool fast!!

ZFast300Z

Trouble
Dec 15, 2007
Wisconsin
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

I spray 180 shot on top of 28psi on my VG30. All the way down the track.
p1221090_1.jpg

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
i currently have the lipp boss stage 5 57 trim, it has some lag to it, but not alot. Im not looking to use nitrous to help spool, im looking to use nitrous to add some easy power. When i used nitrous on the last car i had it worked great and it only cost about $400 for the whole setup, and it was very easy to install and use. Although it was a dry shot kit. Im not saying iam going to go with nitrous, im just curious about using it at this point thats why im asking for your opinions and so forth. Also if you could give me other ideas other than nitrous for adding some good power. Im just at a point where im not sure what to do next,lol.

Id like to go FFIM and do somthing to eliminate the afm, but doing so would cost a good chunk of money.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
yup simple and easy zex kit

tune you car then shoot the car

track giddy giddy

street use well not sure on roll yae stand fuck no

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
You don't need nitrous for your car, Nate.
Not at this point in time.

You've got a turbo that is capable of making MORE power
than you're currently making. Why bother to buying something in addition
to add cheap power when you've got the necessities in a motor to make
good power already? Get something that you'll be able to benefit from
from here on out. Like...
Getting rid of that god-awful AFM and getting a MAFT Pro or standalone setup.
You do this, and you're going to find good, reliable horsepower within your setup...as opposed to nitrous where over time, is just going to wear your engine.

In my eyes, there's only 2 reasons a car such a Supra needs nitrous:

1- Running a 74mm+ turbo that could use some aid down low for quicker spool.
and
2- You've reached your maximum capabilities of your setup,
and are just looking for more power.

Jeff

Suprasath

Nov 9, 2008
Toronto
hey man maft pro is the sh*t. Everyone here started with no clue but once you read alot about it be you attempt to make a move on tuning you will be fine. There is a whole thread on maft pro wiring and issues. They all help alot. Bigest bang for the buck in my opinion

Patch

Aug 25, 2008
Houston
I had nitrous on mine, worked wonderfully. Only reason it knocked is because my dumbass boosted hard on a qt low.

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
what nitrous set up did you have? i read somewhere you did a 150 shot??!!?? that seems like alot of nitrous.. if i did nitrous i would at least want to do like a 100shot

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Im with jeff. Unless your maxing this thing out over 26+ psi theres no need for nitrous.

Also theres no need to be scared of the maft pro i have one, and i literally i dont know how to work shit.I played around with the boost control and i have my turbo spooling up much smoother and faster with out hitting so violently now. Soon as i get it hooked up to my laptop one of the days my fuel system will be the limit. Go maft pro, run 26+ psi, then reconsider this thread :)

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
ya, i was just talking to patch, he ran a 150 shot on stock internals and stock turbo and ran an 11.2 :D He never had any problems with it and he said he ran it for a long time to. I mainly want spray for the occasional track runs and for those instances when your on the interstate and someone in a fast car trys picking on ya..lol