Your 1JZ-GTE And 2JZ-GTE Swap Guide For Dummies Discussion Thread!

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'll do my best. School+Gym+Work= zero wrench time. I know this probably sounds stupid, and I've seen it many-a-times.... but I can't seem to find it. Pin-out numbering goes left to right, top to bottom for male pins, and right to left bottom to top for female pins, si?? And would this particular alternator plug be female??

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Not sure if this is mentioned..

The IS300 oil filter union bolt has a 1/8 NPT thread tapped in the center. You can screw the 7M oil pressure sensor right into it.

90401-19008 Union Bolt
90430-20016 Gasket

Personally.. I just tapped mine though.

Pic from google images:
p1804286_1.jpg

XEIGHT

Jan 21, 2012
walkabout creek
Head gasket choice
from what i can see with the head gasket issue was with the offset of the feed hole in the head on the 1jz is dangerously close to the edge of the 2jz head gasket, apart from thaty they are identicle... the best way around this is to weld the oil hole in th head up and re drill through the chanel at 45 degrees giving the head and block a larger mounting face. at the moment it is only 1mm with a 2j gasket, 1.5mm on a 1jz gasket. with the amount of 1.5jz conversions happening in australia this is the most common way to olve the issue.

however in saying that, the only reason you need to build a 1.5JZ-GTE is because you already have a 1JZ-GTE and u wanted a 2JZ-GTE. otherwise it is just as cheap, if not cheaper to just buy a 2JZ-GTE.

the blocks are 99% identical, just the extra height (30mm) thats why a 1JZ-GTE oil pump will fit on a 2JZ-GTE block and work, only real differences are the timing belt length, idler pulley angle, and the length of the water neck off the water pump. the head is vastly different though.

my question is
whats the reason for using a 2JZ-GTE flex plate and stall converter? Why cant you use the 1JZ-GTE flex plate and stall converter for a 1.5JZ-GTE?
im currently rebuilding a 1JZ-GTE cresida to a 1.5JZ, already finished the convertion from a 7M-GE to a 1JZ-GTE, had to pull the head off to replace a melted valve so now its just to go bigger.

p1804578_1.jpg

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If you want to adapt the Aristo Auto to your Cressida, it will work. I wrote the write up so you can have a 2JZ Auto with the the amenities for the MA70 chassis. Under the 2JZ auto section, you will use the 1JZ JZA70 housing, Aristo Valve body and so on. I got all this info from Rick, who is listed in the credit section.

You can buy a 2JZ Aristo auto setup and it will bolt onto the crank without a problem. You will have to make it work where the mounting and driveshaft is concerned for your Cressida.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
That is unrelated to the swap. You are better off making another thread.

You can mount two pumps in-tank. PM Toyotanos, he did two Areomotives in-tank.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Any info/pictures on the mounting of a JZA80 PS reservoir? I purchased the weapon-r one because I could not find a JZA70 or OEM JZA80 PS reservoir and I am unsure of how it gets mounted. I had a pretty ghetto rigged setup before (NA PS reservoir zip-tied between the strut tower and the fuse box).

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I modified the bracket on the stock turbo reservoir. Not sure how a JZA80 will work. Contact Rodel. I remember he had a JZA80 reservoir coated to be used on his car.

Here is mine.

a68989b4-4731-8e2e.jpg

a68989b4-477e-a8f7.jpg

a68989b4-47ac-687d.jpg

Project-X

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
It says in the list of compatible parts between 1jz and 2jz that the intake air temperature can be swapped as long as the electrical connectors are swapped out.

I went to my local toyota to see if I could pick one up because I think my IAT is bad. However the parts guy said there is no IAT on the North American 2JZ?

does it have to be a JDM 2JZ? I am pretty sure there is an IAT on the american 2JZ as well can someone clarify?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
The usdm have it build into the AFM so yes it means a jdm 2jz is the only one with an iat in the manifold

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
I had a question on the 1JZ-GTE Fuel Feed Line what do you guys recommend? I was searching on driftmotion and it came up with the afpr kit, is that what i need for the my 1j swap. Im kinda confused right now lol

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
That info is in there.

If you are stock, use the stock line. The DM bypass line is meant to eliminate the fuel dampener which have caused a 3,000RPM break up. The DM line is intended for modified fuel systems with bigger injectors, pumps and regulator.

Some 1JZ are affected with the line others are not. 2JZ are fine.

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
IBoughtASupra;1813528 said:
That info is in there.

If you are stock, use the stock line. The DM bypass line is meant to eliminate the fuel dampener which have caused a 3,000RPM break up. The DM line is intended for modified fuel systems with bigger injectors, pumps and regulator.

Some 1JZ are affected with the line others are not. 2JZ are fine.
ohhhh okay thank you

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Andy I promise I do have a supra!! Here is proof, and I apologize for the delay.

p1817103_1.jpg

Oval Alternator Plug [3-Pin, Toyota Chaser]

p1817103_2.jpg

Pin #1: White/Blue
Pin #2: Black/Yellow
Pin #3: Yellow/Green

Again my info from Tweak'd Performance: Looking at the BACK of the alternator plug on the 86.5 body, Top pin goes to pin #3, bottom right to pin #1, bottom left to pin #2.

- Joe
Sent from my iPhone