You guys interested in 1pc driveshafts

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
I know a shop that can make 1 pc driveshafts using your existing driveshaft for about $80-120. been playing with the idea, I think the center support bearing on my supra is on its way out. These willnot be Shiny Alluminum, It will be a steel shaft. I just want somthing that works, My car is too low to get under the shit to show off a Shiny driveshaft. :p .

not taking orders or anything but just throwing an idea out there. I'm gonna get mine done first, On the supra then the cressida and see how I like it.

Last edited:

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
sign me up for one
i think my center bearing is going to the holy supra land :eek:
post details when u get it done, would like to see how the product looks and feel from u and then go from there.

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
I'm not sure but I imagine they would be lighter then the stock unit b/c you are getting rid of the center section.

B

Boostaddctn

Very nice price, I was able to buy my NEW one piece aluminum driveshaft for $100, it include new yolk and ends :) but for that price and modification to the original I say why not unless your yolk is bad... aight peace

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Yep. It's all about the local shops. I was quoted 100 bucks for a 1 peice steel from a local place. Even at steel it only comes in at 14 pounds. Much better than stock.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
let me know if you do get a bunch made... i'll most likely bite.

-shaeff

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
you know, back in the day when i posted up about a steel 1 piece, people didnt seem to be as interested.... weird.

anyways, id do it, except i have a shop right near me that can driveshaft fabrication or alteration. i was going to take in my stock DS to see if they can just cut the ends off and put it on a steel tube and balance it up to 200mph.

they were cautioning me about convering a 2 piece to a 1 piece and how it would be more likely to "jump rope" and be unstable. i told them that my overall driveshaft length is SHORTER than the intermediate shafts on the truck units they work on...

G

gotboost$

I would definately be interisted... what grade of AL would he be using?
Would he offer it for a m/t and a/t?

leme know :D

good find man.. keep up the good work :cool: