You guys are in trouble....

Greg55_99

Apr 2, 2005
MA
Got this message from a gent with a new Pontiac Solstice coming:

"Hey Greg, thanks for the info. Can the R154 gearsets/trans be bought new from toyota/aftermarket? I searched but could not find anything. I should be picking up my Solstice Monday. I already know R154 gears belong in it.

Thanks Kevin/Vermontster"

The info he's reffering too is stuff I've put up here:

http://www.jeeps-offroad.com/showthread.php?t=4740

That "Giant sucking sound" is the noise of the R154's dissappearing....

solsticenorwalkstaging.jpg

Greg

Last edited:

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Actually, if the Solstice has higher ratio 5th gears, that would be a good upgrade for us when rebuilding the R154. (I looked into using the V6 truck final ratio's, but the change would have been minimal. (For better gas mileage, and higher top end speed.)

My car has plenty of tourqe, I can be in 5th, at 30mph, and still pull cleanly away. Eventually even builds boost at about 2500rpm, and then pulls harder to redline. (Problem is boost spike under this type of driving, the AFM Vf Hz rate goes nuts, and for some reason, the stock TCCS lays down a FC. Also my WG does not handle it well, and boost goes through the roof, over 25psi at times, even when the controller is set to 15psi, or OFF and on the WG spring alone. (Should be around 10psi, and it is when your WOT in the lower gears, but floor it in a higher gear at lower speed, and it's boost spike city.)