yo! new here so let me introduce myself

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
my names anthony. just bought a 89 supra over the summer. its a NA but i got it for a good price with fresh paint, fairly new head gasket, magniflow exhaust system, and a strong running engine ^^

p1626681_1.jpg

so i've already started putting some work in to it. i put in a front and rear strut bar, and i did my own custom headlights

p1626681_2.jpg

if you want to new how i did it let me now and ill be happy to do a write up. ill put up night pics later today or tomorow

p1626681_3.jpg

so im pretty happy with my supra, planning to put in stance coilovers soon and tanabe sway bars. im thinking about getting into drifting so if any of you guys have any suggestions let me now id be happy to hear from other supra owners

p.s for you grammar nazis im sorry im 19 and this is how i type when im lazy

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
drift...N/A, what about tranny? that thing sits so high looks like theres not even an engine in it. but welcome!

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
That's a fine green beast you have there, Anthony. Welcome to the forum. And don't worry about your spelling, there are worse offenders on the net and here, trust me. Post pics of the car whole car when you can.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
barkz;1626686 said:
drift...N/A, what about tranny? that thing sits so high looks like theres not even an engine in it. but welcome!

i dont now what you mean by it sitting to high and yes a NA if you rely on only power to drift you got no skill but thanks for the welcome :)

---------- Post added at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

GotBoost?;1626773 said:
That's a fine green beast you have there, Anthony. Welcome to the forum. And don't worry about your spelling, there are worse offenders on the net and here, trust me. Post pics of the car whole car when you can.

hey thanks and ill be sure to post up some more pics and definitely going to post some night pics

MK3er

Jan 1, 2010
Ohio
Good to see another supra owner my age getting into the drift scene. Welcome to SM and congratulations on buying a supra! Before you consider drifting with your heavy n/a i want you to realize the less power you have to get you into a drift and keep you in it the more stress you will be putting on the body and suspension. I would also like to hear more about how you did your head lights those are tight!

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
MK3er;1629222 said:
Good to see another supra owner my age getting into the drift scene. Welcome to SM and congratulations on buying a supra! Before you consider drifting with your heavy n/a i want you to realize the less power you have to get you into a drift and keep you in it the more stress you will be putting on the body and suspension. I would also like to hear more about how you did your head lights those are tight!

hey man thanks! ya i realized that i just installed stance gr+ coilovers and im planing to get rear adjustable traction arms and toe arms before chrismas. and ill post up thread on my lights when i get the chance

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
alright finally got the chance to wash the car and take pics so enjoy =]

p1643948_1.jpg

p1643948_2.jpg

p1643948_3.jpg

p1643948_4.jpg

p1643948_5.jpg

p1643948_6.jpg

p1643948_7.jpg

p1643948_8.jpg

p1643948_9.jpg

p1643948_10.jpg

p1643948_11.jpg

gave my dad the chance to test out his new camera until it started raining

p1643948_12.jpg

and here is the headlight shadow

p1643948_13.jpg

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Im kinda suprised your headlight shadow is so precise considering it looks liek you just took some fog lights and stuck them in there. Wheres the write up?

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
hey man i put alot of effort into making those i slashed a giant burn mark in my welding glove lol well i was kinda waiting to see if anyone wanted to know how i did it but 6 months later im finally getting questions about it lol well im going to pull them off soon to check the wiring ill take pics wen i do

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
I like the color too. Now just get some wheel spacers and the car would look tits.

Not hating on the headlights, it just looks like it has the potential to be done in a sketchy manner. Ususlly those type of headlights dont have the cutoff line yours do though. Any comparisons to OEM hids in terms of brightness and visibility?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

I like the color too. Now just get some wheel spacers and the car would look tits.

Not hating on the headlights, it just looks like it has the potential to be done in a sketchy manner. Ususlly those type of headlights dont have the cutoff line yours do though. Any critiques you have of the redesigned system?

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
FullNelson;1670245 said:

Not hating on the headlights, it just looks like it has the potential to be done in a sketchy manner. Ususlly those type of headlights dont have the cutoff line yours do though. Any comparisons to OEM hids in terms of brightness and visibility?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Not hating on the headlights, it just looks like it has the potential to be done in a sketchy manner. Ususlly those type of headlights dont have the cutoff line yours do though. Any critiques you have of the redesigned system?

there 6000k so that would be around the brightness of the hids off bmw. if i were to redign them id probably do it much more neater and grind the welds make it really smooth and make a clear plastic cover to protect the projectors from rocks lots of ideas how to do that but none seem to effecient

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

i think i jizzed in my pants today! got up early to install the whiteline sway bars that i got for chrismas then i took it for a test drive and man that was CRAZY cutting corners quick im still shaking abit

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
yongai27;1675873 said:
i heard you dont want sway bars for drifting, it doesnt let you go sideways as much?
anyways, if ur into drifting, you should look into steering angle http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?106777-Steering-Rack-Spacer-Question
Im planning on doing that too lol.

correct sway bars will help keep your wheels planted on the ground but since i only have front sways i can still wipe out the back. plus sliding can be forced even if you have grip! lol i will definatly need more angle thanks man