yet another n0ob!

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
i was wondering how long it would be until i was able to post and read different things, and here i am.

finally.

so, about three weeks ago, i bought a 1990 turbo 5spd supra. it is white, with maroon interior...the guy i got it from had all sorts of receipts oif recent head work, new this, new that...1800 bucks.... i am pretty sure it was a great deal. the paint isn't bad at all, i mean, it isn't brand new looking, but for a 19 year old car, it is pretty sweet. no leaks of any kind, not vaccuum, not a single liquid lek of any kind.

now.. my only question is this:

with my remaining 500 bucks, do i od a MHG now, or wait till i do other upragdes and whatnot? becuase to be honest, i am NOT NOT NOT going to be punching it right now. it will be a daily driver to and from school, at least until i have my 7k finacial aide check next month lol.

and is 500 bucks even enough to do the head gasket? i would probably have to take it to a shop...

anyway...

life seriously feels better with a nice looking sura in my possesion....

things just....fit....

^_^

TheOneOnlyDrone

Feb 15, 2006
SOCAL
Congrats on the new found love. Getting that MHG should be one of those tops priorities on having at MKIII. Where in Cali are you?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
A MHG won't prevent you from getting a BHG. A stock HG will do just fine as long as its done correctly. As for having $500 to have a shop do a MHG job...I can almost guarantee it won't be done correctly. Save your money.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
ok, so if the shop will screw it up... is there any place i can get a detailed walkthrough of how to do it? i am not very mechanically inclined...but, after reading a bunch on these cars last night, i suppose that will change rapidly... i mean, i can do oil and sparkplugs, and change tires lol...basic stuff, but... i dunno about changing a head gasket.. especially cuz the engine bay is so dang cramped...

anyone got any help for a n0ob? pretty please?

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Dunckel;1229699 said:
A MHG won't prevent you from getting a BHG. A stock HG will do just fine as long as its done correctly. As for having $500 to have a shop do a MHG job...I can almost guarantee it won't be done correctly. Save your money.

Agreed ^^

500 for a re and re is not going to happen.