Yellow/Orange light on the left of dash?

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I was wonderin what the light was, because it comes on sometimes and stays on until i go up or down a hill, then when i get level it comes back on....

I'm not sure what it is... one of my friends, says that it may be a the radator light or somethin....

Checked the radator and put some in, but haven't drove it to see if the light came on.

Carter, J.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
Your bird flew away! It's a bird cage, get it? HUH HUH?? lol

Fill your radiator overflow tank... if it is low, I would recommend pressure testing your coolant system to check for leaks, or the breaded blown head gasket.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
p493833_1.jpg

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
LOL
I don't believe the car has a coolant leak, the car only has 120,xxx (when i got it it had 119,xxx). But it'd be a little bit before i can test the system because i have to go to my uncle's shop.

I'm not that worry about a bhg because from what i remember, the 7m-ge isn't that easy to blow.

Carter, J.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
carter said:
LOL
I don't believe the car has a coolant leak, the car only has 120,xxx (when i got it it had 119,xxx). But it'd be a little bit before i can test the system because i have to go to my uncle's shop.

I'm not that worry about a bhg because from what i remember, the 7m-ge isn't that easy to blow.

Carter, J.

Ha! Yeah right it's not that easy! ALL 7Ms, turbo or not, have an issue with BHG because Toyota screwed up. See, the engine was supposed to ship with an asbestos HG, but a metal composite was installed instead. All the torque specs were set to conform with an asbestos HG. I'd torque your HG bolts to 70 ft-lbs just to be safe.

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
lol...in my experience, the 7M-GE's head gasket doesn;t blow as dramatically as the GTE's, it will start leaking at first, and consume coolant, making the overflow light come on once in a while, and will gradually get worse, until you have all of the BHG symptoms...like gurgling behind the dash, white smoke, overheating, a gushing overflow , and possibly rod knock...

I'm not trying to scare, you but it is possible ;). Pressure test your cooling system as soon as possible...

And BTW, relatively "low" mileage doesn't mean things won't break, or that leaks won't happen...

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Haha i just thought this was a light to say slow down in the turns bc it only blinks while goin around turns fast. Anyway my coolant is full all the way and is not burning any coolant either and it still pops on around fast turns.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
Its just the coolant level in the overflow tank. When you take a turn to fast it all goes to one side - and the sensor reads that you are low, even if your not. I had the same thing happen, but I knew immediately what it was, so I put some coolant in the overflow tank, and the problem was solved. So if you really are full, in both your radiator and your overflow, there is another problem going on... thats when you start pressure testing and all those wonderful things.

BoostLess7mge

JDM owns me...
Aug 29, 2005
Chicago
just make sure you get it checked out soon. i had the same problem as you last summer, and it ended up being my first sign of BHG.

bird cage light! lol

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Imagination6788 said:
My dad says the HG blew in my Supra at 30,000 miles(ish). He got it replaced under warranty.

Excellent!! That means it was (most likely) replaced according to Toyota's specs... :3d_frown:

Imagination6788

Oct 6, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Well I'm about to go in for the 240,000 mile service and its running fairly strong. I think the TPS is bad, or going bad, a lot of the wires are just getting old and not connecting right.

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
i actually have a similiar problem myself. the "Add Engine Coolant" light is always on. i checked the radiator/overflow tank & levels seem to be fine. there also doesn't appear to be any leaks anywhere..

is it just the sensor that's gone bad or should i be worried & have it checked out? :icon_conf

spipedong

Level 2 Rythym Rogue
Apr 2, 2005
Eugene, OR
mattjk said:
Your bird flew away! It's a bird cage, get it? HUH HUH?? lol

Fill your radiator overflow tank... if it is low, I would recommend pressure testing your coolant system to check for leaks, or the breaded blown head gasket.

mmm breaded gasket.