Yellow 13's Build/Rebuild

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there...

Ok, So Ive got 2 cars going right now:

1.) My moms 88' 7MGE undergoing a rebuild.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

2.) My 87' Hardtop that Im making for the track.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Ill start with the 88' (Blue one)

I bought this car 2 years back and used it as my DD while going to school. Last year it got BHG so I switched to driving the white 87 and let it just sit there. I didnt want to get rid of it so I figured Id do a rebuild and give it to my mom so she doesnt have to drive her ghetto 1990 Dodge Dynasty.

Jump to the present.

I got the engine all rebuilt and put back together. Got it started on the first try, low and behold the #1 cylinder wristpin was out of spec and causing a loud knocking. Great, I get to pull it out and start over.

Sooo...Yesterday I pulled the engine out in a personal record of 2:18 minutes by myself. This is where Im at now:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The plans now are to send the bottom end to AZN motorsports in Vallejo since they were pretty knowledgable of the 7M when I spoke to them. They're going to be putting in new rod bearings and wristpin bushings (Whatever you call them). Also double checking to make sure its all in spec.

In the downtime were going to get the body sanded and repainted back to stock 21C. I think Im also gonna take advantage of S383's polishing deal and send out the thermostat housing and whole intake.

The heads already been rebuilt with +1mm oversize valves, new springs, 3-angle valve job and polished.

Cosmetically the cars been lowered on Eibachs with stock struts and given a pre-89 Spoiler.

More coming soon. Today I plan on taking the engine apart and getting it ready for the shop.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Ignorance is bliss, y13.
Whatever he has, make sure that not only is yours gobs faster, but cheaper too. Oh, and then gloat about your 25mpg. that always pisses 'em off.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Just got back from AZN Motorsports. I dont think Im gonna have them do my work. They wanted $680 to install new rod bearings and press the new bushings. Thats with me bringing them the block completely disassembled lol.

Ill save some money and just do it myself.

I saw a really nice MKIII when my cousin was registering for his union. It was a black 89+ targa with Lexus SC300 rims.