Yea, it's me ... again

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Hello again y'all !!

I've been busy lately, formulating plan 'b' ... (see bhg sig - need I say more?)

This time I'm gonna get y'all involved much earlier in the process - and I've vowed to reform my 'Cletus' ways on this go-around. I can only pray that the shop I've chosen can deliver (should I say will deliver, I know they can).
My apologies to the DIY'ers ... I can't be a purist yet - maybe on the next build !!

So here's the plan ... all assuming nothing but the finest in machining, mechanics, and tuning. :x:
84mm forged rods/pistons, clevite bearings.
port/polish head ... leaving valvetrain alone for now - anxious to see what Brian Crower releases sometime soon.
Since I already invested in the bolt-on SP61, I stick with the cast mani. - a little p&p and a ceramic or jet-hot coating.
Exhaust is already in place - SP recirculated (Tial 38mm ext. w/g) downpipe, 3inch Tanabe testpipe-back system (super/hyper/mega/whatever 'Medallion' muffler w/ resonator).
HPF intercooler kit, SSQV bov also already in place.
Fuel System upgrade ... well - replacement - Aeromotive A1000 (and relay kit), matching fpr, coarse & fine aeromotive filters, Lipp single feed fuel rail ... all 10AN from stem to stern (6AN return). RC 1000cc peak/hold injectors.
AEM EMS system (plug n play) w/ electronic boost control & speed density provisions (read: no afm).
South Bend DXD clutch set (sprung, 6-puck), New ('cause I'm a nut) Toyota stock flywheel, new stainless line, new slave cylinder.
New Brakes ... no BBK for me - mostly 'cause I'm still rollin' on the sawblades: Powerslot slotted rotors x4, Napa rebuilt calipers all around, Porterfield R4S pads, E-brake shoes, Goodridge stainless lines.
A set of A1 traction bars.
And finally - although, with a list like that ... I'm sure I've forgotten something - a gauge panel replacement (the one bit of DIY I'll be tackling on this go-around). I'll save the details on that for later ... when I've got something to actually show for all this hot air.

I pray that the infamous Mr R continues to produce his artwork FFI's ... and that I can get in on his next round of orders. (In fact, I've already picked up an upper mani {thanks f/s/ section!} and a throttle cable to send as cores ... and hopefully I'll pick up a lower alt. bracket soon - this way completion of build #2 isn't contingient on a new Intake Manifold) Maybe, just maybe build #3 ... 2½? ... will involve Ron's FFI & Crower Jr's cams. :eek3dance

Okay y'all - I'm plenty tired of typing by now ... you're probably tired of reading. :sleep:

Your feedback is welcome - I'd like to get this right the first ... or ummm - this time !

The illustrated cliff notes - for those of you who just skipped to the bottom for the carnage picture:
Plan 'A' :evil2: 350rwhp :arcadefre 100 miles, Cletus style :kaboom: ::bhg:: :bigun2: Bulletproof ( <--as if ) Plan 'B' ... :burnout:

Last edited:

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
No thoughts on the head work? Opinions on the soon to be released Crower cam set? How would the two different grinds he's releasing, shift the power curve?

No comments on the lack of attention to the ignition system?

No flamage of the monster fuel system?

Oh yeah - and I forgot to list my favorite mod so far - the C's Shifter.

*edit - added:

Here's an interesting thought:

Adjuster said:
Whatever you do, replace your valve springs. Comp Cams sells "Inner Valve Springs for a Big Block Chevy" that are a tight fit in the 7MGTE head. (They work great, have higher seat and installed pressure, and better coil bind so you can run higher lift cams in the future if you want with no problems there.) Best part is these springs are like 70.00 for 24 of them. :)

I dunno though ... sounds like its bordering on Cletusism ...

Last edited: