XSPower has begun..

silverkill

SILVERKILL
Aug 10, 2005
FL
Kit isnt complete, you still need dp, wastegate pipe, more intercooler pipes, etc..... Did u even get a wastegate?

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
IAN: i went with what jake said and it a .68 A/R so shouldnt be to bad.

Silverkill: Dp should be made this week alondg with dump tube, keeping stock intercooler for now, have a wastegate already,

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
^^^Yep... you need to know what kind of exhaust wheel you have...

Dont worry, if it doesnt work, someone will buy it from you... How much did you pay for it?

silverkill

SILVERKILL
Aug 10, 2005
FL
Let me know how much everything cost once you get the kit in and running. I would like to get kit sometime too.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
very cool. When i was ebayin a few weeks back bidding i put two of these kits on my watch list. They started out low like less than $100, but everyday it would jump at least $50. The kits i watch ended up being, one was 300 something the other was 400 something.I think u may have bidded at the wrong time, you prolly could have save a few bucks. None the less its still a killer deal anyway you look at it. I may go this route down the line for the intercooler and manifold pourpose, and maybe even the turbo if your project does ok. Best of luck and i hope all goes well. Ill definetly be checking on this thread.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
im kinda doin the same thing, my friends and i wanted to see if their turbos were worth it, so we pitched in and im about to be up and running with one of the T70's they sell on ebay, im bout to order a turbonetics turbo for the one ill use later on, but i wanted to see what theirs would do as well

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
hey guys finally got my exhaust housing in and put it on. did some test fitting too on the manifold. well looks like the compressor housing is hitting so im gonna have to make a spacer or something. But the housing is a master power .68 A/R. It fit like a glove, so that one good thing. Came along with a V-band clamp and a fitting for a downpipe. Oh and if anyone has any ideas on the spacer i would appreiciate it.

thanks,
Tom Z.
DSC00028.JPG

DSC00029.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00032.JPG

DSC00033.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00036.JPG

DSC00037.JPG

DSC00038.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00041.JPG

DSC00042.JPG

DSC00043.JPG

oh by the way the intercooler and old exhaust housing are for sale...make me an offer if you are interested.

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Heh, that is kinda funny, even thier own damned turbo doesn't fit on thier manifold. Have one here that a 62-1 will not fit on. Just buy a T4 flange. They are commony available 1/2" thick, should give you enough room...

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
Hey guys nothing to special to report here just got my 90 degree to start my DP from Jon at MDC. Looks great but i think its stainless and if so can i weld this to regular metal or no. Should I just go all stainless for a DP? If you look at the V-band for the DP it does seem to fit right, maybe its just me but the Vband looks a tad to big but maybe the weld will fix that. Ill post back when i finish the Dp.

See ya
Tom Z.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hot dayam mk3 said:
im using the same intercooler...... very nice quality

thosu ebay ic's are steaming pile of poo

if you look at garret core or a sperco core there about eh saem really but you look at ebay ic what a joke they are they don't transfer heat worth shit when will peopel get it right

it's not eh size and how shinney it is it's all about how good of heat sink it is

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
NashMan said:
thosu ebay ic's are steaming pile of poo

if you look at garret core or a sperco core there about eh saem really but you look at ebay ic what a joke they are they don't transfer heat worth shit when will peopel get it right

it's not eh size and how shinney it is it's all about how good of heat sink it is

Isn't it great when folks don't know what they are talking about, but pretend they do?

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Agree with outofstep do you have proof nashman? have you done a comparison test, pressure drop? lets see some proof before bashing the product. I have a spearco and a XS and the quality is the same I will do a thermal test when the install is complete.

Untouchable7mgte

back in the game!
Apr 1, 2005
Wilkes-Barre,PA
yea i dont know what hes talking about the Intercooler for but what about the vband piece and that pipe is it ok it doesnt line up perfectly or is that bad? Some fillme in here

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Untouchable7mgte said:
yea i dont know what hes talking about the Intercooler for but what about the vband piece and that pipe is it ok it doesnt line up perfectly or is that bad? Some fillme in here
You can weld SS to mild.... I've done it.

Actually, I've done exactly what you're doing now, with an exact same pipe from the exact same person.

lpolo69

Apr 30, 2005
plainfield, IL
man in order to get that t4 to spool correctly u should just replace the a/r with a new one...I did that and the turbo spools very nicely..

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lol. kthxbye...

Untouchable: Commendable work! This is very interesting indeed. I hope this works out for you quite well! I'm very interested as to how this pans out. keep us updated.