XS copy VS Aeromotives FPR (lots of pics inside)

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Ok I was curious on the quality of the XS copy and decided to do a direct comparison of each since I already had the Aeromotive FPR, I purchased the XS version I have not tested it since the ground is cover in snow but I thought the community would like to see pics of each unit side by side,Overall the quality is very good the one area I would like to test would be the tension of the spring thats next. This I guess could be part two of this thread from another member

The XS version is on the right in most pics

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58126&highlight=fuel+pressure

p840701_1.jpg

p840701_2.jpg

p840701_3.jpg

p840701_4.jpg

p840701_5.jpg

p840701_6.jpg

p840701_7.jpg

p840701_8.jpg

p840701_9.jpg

the only major difference that would affect the function of the unit is in the next pics where the ball in the plunger seats the Aeromotive has a straight tapered and the XS version is rounded to fit the ball

p840701_10.jpg

p840701_11.jpg

p840701_12.jpg

p840701_13.jpg

p840701_14.jpg

p840701_15.jpg

p840701_16.jpg

Last edited:

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
CryoSlash said:
Quality vs Crap...
Don't skimp out on fuel!

man so quick to judge i for one would like to see a more indepth comparison

like finding the actual manufacturing methods and alloy type

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
supraguru05 said:
man so quick to judge i for one would like to see a more indepth comparison

like finding the actual manufacturing methods and alloy type
yea, i would also like to see facts how one is different, and good or bad accoring to tests, rather than hearing someone just call it crap because they dont like it even though they dont know much about it

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
for those of you wondeirng this would be your manufacturer

Hangzhou Keming Aluminium Co., Ltd.
AKA
Hangzhou Magicpower Racing Parts Ltd.

im already in communication with them

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
Is this manufactured in China?

i'm just a little skeptical because i hear about all these products coming from China on the news that are defective, or harmful etc.
Is it safe to assume this applies to their automotive parts industry? Someone perform some tests lol

supraguru05

SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
100% made in china see the manufacturer above for details

once i get more specific responses from them on alloy and manufacturing methods ill post them

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
CryoSlash said:
Quality vs Crap...
Don't skimp out on fuel!

I would normally tend to agree, but a fuel pressure regulator is a horrendously simple device. Ethically I don't like the fact that they just made a direct copy of Aeromotive's regulator, but the quality looks just fine. I'd be far more concerned about a wastegate than I would be a regulator. Just get a fuel pressure gauge with a good warning light if you're that concerned about it. I wouldn't hesitate to put this on a drag car, although I'd probably spend the extra money on a street car.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
Um. Let's see. The XS spring is rusted, the rubber in the XS looks like $#!t, the body of the FPR looks better on the Aeromotive... I could go on, and on, and on. My philosophy?

Buy quality parts ONCE!

Goddamn MKIII owners are cheap bastards.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
BlackMKIII said:
Um. Let's see. The XS spring is rusted, the rubber in the XS looks like $#!t, the body of the FPR looks better on the Aeromotive... I could go on, and on, and on. My philosophy?

Buy quality parts ONCE!

Goddamn MKIII owners are cheap bastards.
EXACTLY MY POINT. I mean, if the damn thing is new, why the fuck is the spring rusted? I deal directly with some people manufacturing parts for our cars, and they deliberately use rusty parts to save on costs.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
eh, rust in the fuel after the filter..

but thats not really what gave in for me..

the aeromotive one seems to have a woven rubber diafram while the other is just a rubber.?

not saying it wont, but couldn't high fuel pressure rip this? and what if the rubber swelled or tore?

as for the base, looks fine, untill you pay attention to the seat of the needle.

all carb's , and other fuel componets ive taken apart seem to use the cone needle style seat, and not a ball bearing style seat.

forgive me if it makes no difference, but i would feel it wouldn't seal good and either leak or not hold the correct fuel pressure after while..

i may look into this part for my mkii, but right now im not holding my breath.

88targarose

Got Boredom?
Apr 7, 2005
Albuq, NM
www.turboninjas.com
Cya said:
it looks like the aeromotive spring is a bit tighter.

BlackMKIII said:
Um. Let's see. The XS spring is rusted, the rubber in the XS looks like $#!t, the body of the FPR looks better on the Aeromotive... I could go on, and on, and on.

And you know what the problem with both of your points of view is? It's from behind a computer. You know nothing of the aeromotive's spring rate, nor of the type of rubber material the XS is made of (for all we know, the Aeromotive could use the exact same piece, lay another layer of rubber over the weave and we'd never know.) Every heard of "Don't judge a book by it's cover?"

Now, I'm all for quality parts... but I'm not a big fan of paying ~$230-$300 for some AN Fittings and small block of CNC'd Alum. If there's an equal quality part out there for a cheaper, I see no reason not to. I'm just simply saying some you guys know very little about the actual function/materials/construction here and are basically going "Well, I like the Aeromotive's red color better than the XS's red color."

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
88targarose said:
And you know what the problem with both of your points of view is? It's from behind a computer. You know nothing of the aeromotive's spring rate, nor of the type of rubber material the XS is made of (for all we know, the Aeromotive could use the exact same piece, lay another layer of rubber over the weave and we'd never know.) Every heard of "Don't judge a book by it's cover?"

Now, I'm all for quality parts... but I'm not a big fan of paying ~$230-$300 for some AN Fittings and small block of CNC'd Alum. If there's an equal quality part out there for a cheaper, I see no reason not to. I'm just simply saying some you guys know very little about the actual function/materials/construction here and are basically going "Well, I like the Aeromotive's red color better than the XS's red color."

Im not judging a book by its cover. Hell I run a megan afpr right now. A few other nissan guys do the same. From the design the spring looks like it would provide a more precise adjustment. If it works the same i'll use it. I will remove rust by hand if it saves me 100 bucks. Just the same with the Stone Mountain wastegates, if all I have to do is polish the diaphrame pole to save 200 bucks for more upgraes ill do it. It just makes cents (pun intended). One thing i learned about buissiness is that you pay for the convenience of not having to do anything.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
88targarose said:
And you know what the problem with both of your points of view is? It's from behind a computer.

Wow, your monitor must really suck balls. Or maybe you're blind? There are rust stains on the spring. There is no way in hell I would run fuel through that unit, even if fuel doesn't run on that side. The spring is flawed.