XO2 Throttle Bodies???

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
That's a bit of an open question.

A 3" pipe will flow 1200 CFM before it goes "critical" (Mach .4)

At it's critical speed you're heating the Air through friction.

You can convert the 1200 Cfm to lb's/min so around 83.

This gets you into the GT42/104 Compressor size range at a 2.8>3 pressure ratio. (around 30psi)

Keep in mind this is all gumby math on my part and not exactly accurate ;)

So you're looking at 8>900 hp before the 3" TB becomes a restriction, the other side of this is someone installs one of these Monster TB's and the car feels MUCH more responsive/snappier in normal driving so they think WOW what a difference the TB made!

It's a placebo as all that's happening is it flows a shitload more at 5% opening then the old TB did so if they'd used 10% opening on the old TB it'd make the same power.

You need to be making insane amounts of power to utilise the Big TB's on a turbo motor.

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
IJ.;1068800 said:
That's a bit of an open question.

A 3" pipe will flow 1200 CFM before it goes "critical" (Mach .4)

At it's critical speed you're heating the Air through friction.

You can convert the 1200 Cfm to lb's/min so around 83.

This gets you into the GT42/104 Compressor size range at a 2.8>3 pressure ratio. (around 30psi)

Keep in mind this is all gumby math on my part and not exactly accurate ;)

So you're looking at 8>900 hp before the 3" TB becomes a restriction, the other side of this is someone installs one of these Monster TB's and the car feels MUCH more responsive/snappier in normal driving so they think WOW what a difference the TB made!

It's a placebo as all that's happening is it flows a shitload more at 5% opening then the old TB did so if they'd used 10% opening on the old TB it'd make the same power.

You need to be making insane amounts of power to utilise the Big TB's on a turbo motor.

Bingo! 75mm or 80mm will satisfy almost any of the MK3 guys needs! I think it is a compensation deal beyond that! :sarcasm: But there are a few guys who can utilize the bigger TB's but unless your IC pipes are that big all the way then if is pretty much useless!

Bt as for the TPS mounting, I simply removed the spacers that come with the kit put in 3 little washers, mig'd the stock TPS butterfly to the end of the shaft, and taped two 10-24 holes in the plate to mount the TPS aimed where I wanted and it was done. Honestly took me 30mins or less!

I would recommend these as an alternative to the Q45 because they are so much smaller and cleaner. Plus at this price not too much more expensive!

HTH,
Seth

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
Thanks Ian and Sethron, I am looking at these because I am at a point where I think my throttle body will be my only restriction. I'd trust IJ's gumby math for alot. I am thinking I would like the 80mm one. Not overkill but still realisticly useable for the money invested.

I noticed that these say they are direct bolt on for a 90mm but I don't see how they would bolt to the stock TB bolt pattern with that big of a size differance. Where would I get a weld on flange for this. I don't want to put the 90mm Tb onto a stock 70mm? flange.

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
What is the easiest bolt on tb for a 1jz. I am looking to up the size of my tb but first dont want chinese junk and second I dont need a super huge one. If anybody has pics of what they did that would be even better
thanx
Joe

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
klaasjoe;1069260 said:
What is the easiest bolt on tb for a 1jz. I am looking to up the size of my tb but first dont want chinese junk and second I dont need a super huge one. If anybody has pics of what they did that would be even better
thanx
Joe

NONE of them are bolt on. Look at your manifold and you will see that the hole where the stock flange is, is only 2.75" or what ever the stock TB is. So you go bigger then that and all the sudden the big TB is useless! If you want to really take add vantage of a large TB go FFIM and get the whole system upgraded. I talked with Sean awhile back about boring a 90mm hole in the stock 7M plenum and welding the flange to it which would work. But there are no bolt on TB's!

Seth

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
I was looking for something for a 1jz I plan to port the intake but I just thought that a bigger tb to match the larger ic pipes would be good

suprafredde

Apr 21, 2005
South of sweden
Larger TB makes the go fast pedal more sensitive right.?

Cant you make the opening of the plate non-linear to make up for this?

Tried to make a drawing in ms paint to explain this.

Hope my ugly drawing makes sence, the opening wheel on the Tb is sliced in half.

suprafredde

Attachments

• nonlinear.JPG
    nonlinear.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 3

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i got one of the bule ones from kc or what ever from japan

looks the same and i foud them to be pretty good stock tps does work on mine just have to use an 89 tps cause the 88 don't work cause the spaceing is off on the tabs

my buddy just got one of thous listed he said his is sticky he all so said the bareins were hella cheep

so thosu one are form china and the odl ones were from japan

the only thign that pisses me off about mine is i order a 80 but got a 90 so now i just have to live wiht me big cock thottle body