Xarewhyayen's First Dyno Run!

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
sm_photo_missing.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0bXdtQLEyA"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l0bXdtQLEyA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

http://www.youtube.com/v/l0bXdtQLEyA

higher hp run was @ 12.99psi,276hp 324tq, but it ran a bit lean in mid range so we dropped down a bit and hit 11.3psi and did 259hp 297tq
power dropped in the top end, i coulda probably hit 300hp without the 2.5" flex section in the hks replica downpipe.

Mods: Rabid chimp 7mgte with mhg, arp head studs. 3" elbow, HKS replica 3" downpipe with 2.5" flex section. 3" test pipe, Tanabe Hyper Medallion Cat Back. Greddy Profec E01. Upper hardpipe with Greddy Type RS bov. K&N cone filter with LIPP adapter. Spec stage 3 clutch.

Small dyno vid is uploading to youtube now.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
That's really nice numbers for basically intake/exhaust and a boost controller and clutch. That's basically the same set-up I had in my old car, and never dyno'd it. I always wondered if it had 300 or not

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
added link to myspace, how do ya set it up to have it right in the post? or can you not do it directly on the thread?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Can't view the link due to work's fire wall, but I've got a good idea of what I've got now as I'm running Full catless 3" exhaust, 2.5" hardpipes, larger version of the spearco style IC, and intake at 9-10 psi.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Haha the loop on that run is from bouncing off the rev limiter. I thought that looked cool too. I have other things I want to do before coil overs. I'm running springs and tokico blues now and its nice for street

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Very respectable numbers for the mods you've got.

To be honest, these should be pretty common numbers for such simple "power adder" mods. Problem is, Getting these Supras out of the hands of 16 year olds that don't know how to properly maintain a car.

But that aside, looks like you've got a lot going for you. Congrats. :)

What are your future plans?

Jeff

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Didn't see it but a kid I work with works there and said he heard about it. You worked at rt? Vince used to work here at tires plus. I'd like to get my car out to a drift event, lmk where and when I think itd be fun, I've never drifted before.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Didn't see it but a kid I work with works there and said he heard about it. You worked at rt? Vince used to work here at tires plus. I'd like to get my car out to a drift event, lmk where and when I think itd be fun, I've never drifted before.

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
I worked there for a couple months. I was the one building the white S13, the cage and the wiring and suspension stuff. I'm pretty sure we met at Tires plus or R/T at some point. I remember talking Supras with you somewhere, but that was probably a year ago.

We have an event on the 25th of this month at E-town. You should bring it out. It's a good time. You will just really want some steering spacers to get more angle and after that, the car should be pretty fun as long as your diff still works. And Supras aren't as bad to drift as people think. And it would just be cool to see some supras coming to the events.

Tim

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
We may have I've been there like a year and a half. I need to get some power steering lines first haha. I'm running manual now. The LSD works I leave two nice skid marks. Ill look into the spacers

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
JDM 1JZ;1068273 said:
nice, i miss my car=( haha, glad shes back together and living again, now you just have to give it a set up like she use to have =)

I'm working on it... "how do ya eat an elephant?" " one piece at a time"