WTF... maft-pro and reset ecu ?

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
a few days ago i decided to do some wiring (relocate heater control) when i finished i hooked the battery back up, started the car and it ran like Sh!t.. stumbles/hesitates/doesnt want to start when cold, AFR always super lean,

i have to put my mainscale at +5 just for it to run, still shows lean on my aem (idle). stumbles bad between 2-3000rpms. my VF will not move from 0.00 no matter what fuel press. i try. also hits fuel cut all the time.

i had the thing running just perfect before, mainscale was at -18 and removing fuel in the high tune setting,

WHAT IS GOING ON????
i've reset the ecu again to see if anything changed and nothing. same SH!T..
last time i reset the ecu(winter)i had nowhere near these kinds of problems.

please help:1zhelp::1zhelp::1zhelp:

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Have you gone through your monitor on the pro to see if the rest of your values are making sense.

Go back and check to see what wires you cut and what wires may be on the same system as your wideband and maftpro. Maybe you didnt reground your wideband or severed the ground it had before.

Solution sounds obvious. check your wiring.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
americanjebus;1137062 said:
Have you gone through your monitor on the pro to see if the rest of your values are making sense.

Go back and check to see what wires you cut and what wires may be on the same system as your wideband and maftpro. Maybe you didnt reground your wideband or severed the ground it had before.

Solution sounds obvious. check your wiring.

it does seem obvious.lol thats why its driving me nuts:icon_conf
maftpro settings are all good, checked all wiring, all's good there. ground for wideband and maftpro together and good.

this is getting frustrating:icon_evil

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
what software version are you running?
can you post your settings?
Secondly, is it using the ve table map 2?

Any engine codes?

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
^ those are completely irrelevant if his issue came from rewiring the climate control.

Where are your 12v sources coming from for your pro and WB, are they in any way connected to the same circuit as your climate control?

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
^^ Perhaps he forgot to connect something and its showing an engine code.
It would definitely be something i would check.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
spoolint78;1137705 said:
what software version are you running?
can you post your settings?
Secondly, is it using the ve table map 2?

Any engine codes?

-no codes
-i'm using ver. 4.6
-pretty much the basic settings. mainscale 0.0 adding fuel in low and removing fuel in high tune. 550s w/walbro
-ve table map? (shruggs shoulders) lol.

i reset the maftpro today and had to set the mainscale to 0.0 for it to run decent
my mainscale used to be -18 when it was running right. now it wont even idle at that..

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
Im not a maft pro tuner or anything, but have you checked all your connections for the maft pro and wideband? Maybe while moving wires around, you could have either broke a wire, or had one come loose. Do an impedance check on your wires, and see if there is a broken wire or something. If everything looks clean, then maybe you have a wiring issue in a sensor.

spoolint78

Representing T.O
Mar 30, 2005
T.O
Set it to ve table # 2.
I had it set to 1 and the car ran like shit and would die at the touch of the throttle.

Double check all the wiring.
Most of the wires for the maft are just tapped, so just make sure these are proper and snug.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
spoolint78;1139141 said:
Set it to ve table # 2.
I had it set to 1 and the car ran like shit and would die at the touch of the throttle.

Double check all the wiring.
Most of the wires for the maft are just tapped, so just make sure these are proper and snug.

all the connections are soldered and heat shrunk.
i'll try ve table #2 thanks..

i think the maftpro is fighting with the stock ecu, i just cant figure out why/how.?.
i'll have some time tomorrow to play with it some more.

thanks for the help