WTF is with the speeding?

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
ok i swear its like national speeding week when its like 30 out and all the roads are iceing over and people are going faster than the speed limit, ive seen like 3 crashes now and 1 van up in flmaes on I-5 north at like 2 in the morning. haha well my check engine light just came on in my lexus for the first time so im not going to be driving for a couple days maybe.... i just hit 150,000 mark also. and i still got x-mas shopping.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I was drivin 50(on a 60) last night when it was snowing and the roads were already iced over. An old subaru legacy went flying by me. He had to be goin 75 at least. Then he changed lanes and hit that small strip of snow that accumulates between the lanes.... he about lost it. He did this right in front of me. Scared the shit out of me. Soon after three SUV's cruised by but only at around 65. Still too fast. Everyone needs to relax a little.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
suprarx7nut said:
I was drivin 50(on a 60) last night when it was snowing and the roads were already iced over. An old subaru legacy went flying by me. He had to be goin 75 at least. Then he changed lanes and hit that small strip of snow that accumulates between the lanes.... he about lost it. He did this right in front of me. Scared the shit out of me. Soon after three SUV's cruised by but only at around 65. Still too fast. Everyone needs to relax a little.

I've hit that build up in the middle of the road before in my del sol and that shit is NOT fun. However, I drive 10 over the speed limit wether it snows or doesn't snow. I think I should get some sort of award for avoiding accidents.

The first time it snowed here this year, just on my way home from the gym, I avoided 4 accidents from people locking up their brakes. It's SNOW my friends, you use the GAS to go where you want. Breaking + turning wheel = GG you lose fucker. Gasssing + turning = FTW! (atleast in FWD cars.. I don't drive my supra's in the snow).

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
I miss Portland too. But by this time next year I will be there, probably sans Supra unfortunately! And how come everytime I am not in Oregon everyone seems to be hauling ass everywhere but when I go back and visit people always drive to damn slow?? WTF??

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
people get overconfident in their SUVs and AWD vehicles in the snow/ice. at 19, i feel that i drive more under control in a FWD vehicle than most SUVs when there is snow on the ground. people are too much in a rush to slow down and be careful in the snow

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
There was a wreck in Salem on I-5 on Monday. I was driving from Eugene to Beaverton and it took at least an extra half hour due to the traffic jam caused by the accident. Of course, after we get past the accident traffic speeds up again with people doing 80-90 mph...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
i drive nimbly with my Subaru; it has upgraded brakes, kick ass tires but i usually spend my time doing winter apex's and what not at slower speeds. just late night stuff in very familiar areas. But i agree people need to slow down when conditions get hectic and higher speeds. i know i wouldn't even trust the Subaru stopping from 100km/h to 0 unless i had A LOT of room, by room i mean a whole football field. I see SUV's and truck drivers with 4x4 riding peoples asses and y ass all the time, and there ain't no way in hell they are going to outbrake me....