Wtf is this line?

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
Can someone tell me what this is, and how do I put it back on? I found out what the smaller line is, I just want to know what this is. It's about 14'' long(didn't measure it). My turbo has white smoke continuously coming out of the exhaust, including after warm up, and oil dripping every now and then. The temperature levels are normal. Sorry for the BAD BAD BAD resolution pics, I took them with my webcam. Hrere they are.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/supraman/wtfline.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/supraman/wtfline1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/supraman/wtfline2.jpg

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
I've isolated where the oil is coming from, it's coming from the steering rack I think, towards the passanger side

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
looks like a 12.5'' thermopopulator modulator. ring up toyota and send them a blank check. well is the big tube hollow? its not your dipstick tube isit? auto?

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
I got better pics now, including the oil leak.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here are the leaks

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Yep those are leaks alright. But I'm not sure what the oil leaks on around the power steering rack, and oil filter location have anything to do with your speedo cable. (That's the "line" in your photos.)

Pressure wash the underside, then drive around for awhile and check to see where the leaks are coming from.

Right now it looks like your leaking everywhere.

JtWo

Sniper
Apr 10, 2005
Bay Area
The oil looks like power steering oil(it's kinda reddish) How would I go about fixing it? Btw, when I steer, it makes a wierd whining noise.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
yup - your speedo cable alright, but just the short section by the trans........pretty cheap part from 'yota tho.

looks like your oil filter might not be tight enough.......hard to tell tho

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
haha yes this is infact pretty damn funny, this is probably the thread people have taken less seriously for some raeson

adjuster thanks for pointing out that yes they are infact leeks and that it looks like its leeking everywhere.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
That line is your speedo line either between the main section and the tranny or the tranny line itself. The skinny coil looking piece goes inside the hose piece and it looks broken to me.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
fer sure, thats your speedo cable. da short one is $19 at toyota and and da long one is about $101!!!! i have that same leak on my 89. get 2 or 3 fat zip ties and re tighten the boot on the passenger side of the rack. then just put a lil trans stopleak in the system and bleed it out and it should be ok for a while.