wtf is ftw?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Adjuster said:
Wow, such drama for a POS thread.

What a PITA it must be to think up all these IMHO. (Or is it IMNSHO?)

IDK, BRB and discuss it further.

BTW, POS is Piece of Salvage in insurance speak... and I love to UPOD, or under promise, over deliver... LOL

Crap, this is what I deal with on a daily basis.
IRV. Immediate Response Vehicle.
PD. Property Damage.
BI. Bodily Injury.
UPD. Uninsured Property Damage.
UMPD. (Same thing basicly.)
UIM. Uninsured Medical. (So you have med coverage when the lousy ass that hits you has none.)
ECLD. Event, Coverage, Liabilty and to Do list..... (Every file must have one.)
VOIL. Vin #, Odometer, Interior and License plate... (Every set of photos starts out this way...)
BINS. Bodily INjury Summary. (List of bills and Dr. Reports to evaluate claims.)
SOP's. Standard Operating Proceedures.
BDA. Before During and After. (I have to do a BDA for every student, in every class. Totally bites, or TB.... LOL)
CRAP. Claims Rep Assimilation Program... Nope, did not make that one up, someone, somewhere has a sense of humor....
NNRM. Non Network Repair Management.
PACMAN. Progressive Automated Claims Management Access Network... (Yep, that's real too.)
FSN. Face Sheet Notes.
CTLFTMSGTCB. ConTact, LeFT MeSsaGe To Call Back....
CTLFTVMTCB.. Same thing, only Voice Mail...
IPC. In Person Contact.
2309. It's the form name for a vehicle estimate. (Means we wrote an estimate.)
Has been shortened now to just 09.
BCM. Branch Claims Manager.
HOC. Head Of Claims.
ESO. Early Settlement Offer, but used to be known as a CO, or Cash Out....
LIST. Low Impact Soft Tissue... (injury type, also no longer used.)

There are many, many more, but I've got to go. (IGTG...)

LOL,
hey it was worth a try, I figured if you didnt know what FTW was then you might not know the others.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
LOL @ foofer...

LIST was for Low Impact, Soft Tissue injuries like "whiplash" (A term inveted by trial lawyers for the more medical and corect term "muscle sprain and/or strain.")

Basicly when you strain or sprain a muscle or the connective tissue where those muscles attach to the bone struture in your body.

So, you could have a LIST injury to your balls... (You would likely have to be hung by them to do it, but anything's possible....)

New one... HBB... Hung By Balls...resulting in a LIST claim.. Ouch! What I want to know is why your seat belt is hanging you by the said jewels during the accident....

Here's one for the books.

Have this claim where late at night, the driver loses control and then runs off the road and rolls over. (Very common, person falls asleep, and there you go.)

So, claim is reported as husband and wife from WA traveling through ID, single vehicle loss, and it's at the tow yard.
1) I call the phone number for the insured, get machine, CTLFTMSGTCB. In there I ask them to call me, and ask if anyone was injured etc.
2) Go to the tow yard and see the vehicle. (I also have a Travel Trailer at the same place that rolled over. Two 2309's completed...
3) While there, I run into the driver and his wife... (Or so I thought...) I ask them for statements, and during these, find out it's not his wife, it's his girlfriend....(Boy is he going to hate my phone message...)
4) There is some dispute as to who was driving... The lady tells me she hit her head and neck on the steering wheel... but she was the passenger..
5) Clarify that indeed he was drivng, and also hit his head he claims... He's also walking with a slight limp. I ask him about it, and he says "it's nothing..."
6) I keep digging, and explain that I need to know who was driving to complete my investigation. It's not going to change coverage, but it does change who we list as at fault for the loss... Turns out he's driving, and she has her head in his lap, and then at some point he passes out and wrecks the car injuring her neck...

you do the math.. :)

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
FTW can refer to:

* Fort Worth Meacham International Airport, an airport whose IATA airport code is FTW
* F.T.W. (film), a 1994 film about an ex-con who is a rodeo rider.
* "Fuck The World", a tattoo seen on bikers, prison inmates, and punks. In common use since the early 1970s 12
* "Fun Time Work", An abbreviation of the popular PSP game Work Time Fun[1] (WTF) spelled backwards. See also List of Internet slang
* Used as "Fucked the world" example: "America FTW!" or "Hyper Radioactive über bunnies FTW!!!"
* An off-shoot of the ECW World Heavyweight Championship known as the FTW World Heavyweight Championship in ECW
* Used as an abbreviated incomplete sentence For The Win to show preference for something over another. ex: "Wikipedia FTW".
* "FTW" is a term avid gamers use to show particular interest in an object/action/item. "For the win" I.E. "omg earth shock ftw"
* "FTW" was a term coined in Everquest and is used much like "hell yes!!" or "Excellent duuuude" would be.
* "FTW", a backward acronym for "WTF" used when there exists an even greater degree of confusion than called for by "WTF".

* Current acronym used by US troops for "fuck this war"
* FTW is also the extension for Family Tree Maker executable files.

from wikipedia, FWIW!