Wrong firing order?

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
I have my plugs wired to the coils from left to right as 163425 but i was autozone today and was curious what they said. Not knowing theirs was diffrent i told them i had a problem keeping wires ive had 2 sets of bosch's in the last 3 months that keep messing up on me (thought it was because they were cheaper). I also have random pops out the tailpipe while driving in gear and while not on the throttle

i saw were the order was 163425 and also 153624 are either of them right?
i attempted the order as 153624 and the car wouldnt even start.
am i doing anything wrong?, if so what?

thanks,

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
No i searched other forums and their were a few diffrent orders i found
then autozone had it as 153624, and in mecanics the instructor said that inline 6 cylinder engines that have a right hand turn was usually 153624

laconic

Apr 16, 2008
alabama
both are right, they're just for different things. the wiring order is indeed 1-6, 3-4, 2-5. the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4. wiring order is what you use for the coils to the plugs, the firing order is what order the plugs fire.

DBN

FML
Jan 22, 2009
Fairfield, Ca
laconic;1403578 said:
both are right, they're just for different things. the wiring order is indeed 1-6, 3-4, 2-5. the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4. wiring order is what you use for the coils to the plugs, the firing order is what order the plugs fire.

Lost me there...

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
laconic;1403578 said:

Correct.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
kamikazemkiii;1403545 said:
I have my plugs wired to the coils from left to right as 163425 but i was autozone today and was curious what they said. Not knowing theirs was diffrent i told them i had a problem keeping wires ive had 2 sets of bosch's in the last 3 months that keep messing up on me (thought it was because they were cheaper). I also have random pops out the tailpipe while driving in gear and while not on the throttle

i saw were the order was 163425 and also 153624 are either of them right?
i attempted the order as 153624 and the car wouldnt even start.
am i doing anything wrong?, if so what?

thanks,

IMO Bosch wires are trash. I dont advocate their plugs either. Had enough issues with them to say Bosch=Fail. So bad to the point where I will actually go with Duralast instead of Bosch.
Most recently I returned a set of shitty Bosch wires for my jetta and got duralast gold which seem to be well made and have held up so far. Also my brothers truck had Bosch and 2 weeks later he was only running on 4 cylinders (V6) Did spray bottle test and it was like a fucking lightning storm. Replaced the wires and he was good 2 go!
If available NGKs are the way to go. And they area available for the supras.

laconic

Apr 16, 2008
alabama
lewis15498;1404150 said:
IMO Bosch wires are trash. I dont advocate their plugs either. Had enough issues with them to say Bosch=Fail. So bad to the point where I will actually go with Duralast instead of Bosch.
Most recently I returned a set of shitty Bosch wires for my jetta and got duralast gold which seem to be well made and have held up so far. Also my brothers truck had Bosch and 2 weeks later he was only running on 4 cylinders (V6) Did spray bottle test and it was like a fucking lightning storm. Replaced the wires and he was good 2 go!
If available NGKs are the way to go. And they area available for the supras.

i don't know about the wires since my store doesn't sell them, but i would agree that the plugs seem to be shit specially for their price. a lot of guys in domestics tend to bring them back with complaints and its to the point that i don't recommend them to anyone unless they specifically say thats what they want. thats just from what i've heard, not saying its right. :)

as far as wires go, if i were staying stock i'd go with ngk or denso even if it takes a day or two to get them. they're better than any in house brand.

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
... Did spray bottle test and it was like a fucking lightning storm.

What is this "spray bottle test" you speak of. Im always down to learn any and all tricks of the trade.

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Txsupra;1404875 said:

What is this "spray bottle test" you speak of. Im always down to learn any and all tricks of the trade.

No, i havent hear of that mind explaining?

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Txsupra;1404875 said:

kamikazemkiii;1405836 said:
No, i havent hear of that mind explaining?

If your getting poor spark/misfires, take a spray bottle with just plain old water, have it set to mist. Bad wires are caused by worn conductors and/or worn/insufficient insulation. If the insulation on the wires are poor or old to the point where your grounding the water mist will help carry the electricity. you will see visible arcing if it is really bad, but if it runs more poorly when you spray it, replace the wires.
When I was 16 I had bad wires in my accord. I touched them while it was running. Worst shock ive ever gotten, knocked my flat on my ass. Its like a tazer.
So keep your body back and out of the mist area so you dont get shocked.