WRC Australia

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I was watching it earlier, but then Simpsons and other shows came on so I stoped. I didn't see anyone hit a kangaroo though :( I saw when some guys car was on fire though.

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
my brother used to drive a "B double" (prime mover with two trailers) up to the center of the state where there happens to be bulk kanga's the white trailers where red each return trip from kanga blood!

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Last couple of trips up the centre there were many many dead cows that had been hit by B's!

No speed limit there but also no fences so cattle and roos are all over the place!

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Allan_MA70 said:
my brother used to drive a "B double" (prime mover with two trailers) up to the center of the state where there happens to be bulk kanga's the white trailers where red each return trip from kanga blood!

My brother unloads the truck at work once a week or so, and hears the stories from the truck drivers about hitting deer, and mouse and all that really happens is they splat then someone else has to clean it up later :icon_surp

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
WRC has always interested me. I thought "Man, that would be fun" until I saw a video where a navigator was using a ratchet to tighten down a driver's steering wheel [and we're talking more than just 1/4 turn!].
I'd like to see more, but there always seems to be something else to do. I also don't think WRC is as big in the USA as it is elsewhere in the world.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
You crazy aussies.
and WRC rules, rally period is the shit, and D_M thats whats so great about rally, the stuff they do for fixes on the run is funny as hell, they seem to use duct tape where welding is required.

aka Kactabigun

Aug 13, 2005
Newcastle England
D34DC311 said:
You crazy aussies.
and WRC rules, rally period is the shit, and D_M thats whats so great about rally, the stuff they do for fixes on the run is funny as hell, they seem to use duct tape where welding is required.
I think there really clever how they can fix stuff out in the bush.Not that ive tried it but i heard they do weld repairs useing there battery and a bucket of water. Cable ties never come in wrong when im stuck, and rad seal.

L

lanky189

WRC is insane, and it's not stateside due to insurance issues,

The Aussie rally was the best of the season, lead changes left and right and some hellacious speeds, they say the strange compound of the gravel/dirt reaks hell on tires and suspension, but it was by far one of the best rallies i've ever watched

bravo to the Aussie's for puttin on such a great show.