WoW - Clean 91 !!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
A seller would be an idiot to have a fake bid placed on his ad by a friend for that much. Ebay takes 10% of the selling fee, so if his friend wins, he's on the hook for $900 in fees!

Added to my watchlist for sure, just to see what somebody actually pays

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
If i had the money i would love to have that car. It would be nice to have an original unhacked on car. The interior looks like 92 not 91. It will be the last few nice cars that will maintain the MKIII values. I feel the right cars are worth 12k or so. They stickered for 30k or a little more when new.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
yhatzee89;1913484 said:
Haha it has a "Historic" plate on the back. Crazy that my other car is that old lol

Yeah, mine is older than me. I think its funny that my spark plug wires are dated 1999, which is older than most cars in the area that I live in...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
$9900 at the end of the auction it seems. What's funny, I can almost swear a friend of mine (he has a knack for finding crazy clean 80's/90's Japanese sports cars) almost bought this very car after selling his immaculate 89 240sx...

Hope the new owner takes care of her. :)

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Grandavi;1914633 said:
If I hadnt just did all the work on my car, I would pounce on this. Rare find and totally worth the $$ imo.

I think the price is good too. People seem to undervalue the few clean MK3's...

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Gosh...if I remember correctly a 91 in Turbo trim was either $24k or $27K - a ton of money for 1991 but the car was way way way ahead of it's time with some of the features it offered.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
yeah, 23-27k is a good estimate. That 91 is only slightly used.. and very rare.
I remember when the 87 MK3 came out and the salesmen were talking about the twin turbo car in Japan and how it was so awesome... lol.
It was way before Fast and Furious... so most people still thought of speed in quarter mile straight runs.. the Supra was more of a Johnny Lunchbox OMG this is fun... kinda car for the "normal" person. Compared to what was on the lots those days... it stood out strongly...

Now.. all the cars on the lots are "european" styling and look similar in most ways. The Supra still looks like a beast sitting there... and compared to a Camaro (which has a similar stance) it's actually built to stay together. 23 years later and the screws havent vibrated out of the dash... go figure!

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
My 87 N/A with power leather seats and TEMS would have been stickered at $22,420 which is just shy of $50k in todays money. And like bhmsupra said, it was way ahead of its time with all of the features that were offered.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
To say they were ahead of their time is a bit of an understatement. About the only thing I appreciate on my parent's ~$50k+ newer Chevy diesel that my car never had the option for is adjustable pedals. How much easier would heel/toe driving be if you could adjust where your gas and brake pedals were positioned (with a button), I would have rather liked that. :)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
It doesn't look like the original leather. It should be a light grey (like you see on the centre arm rest), not dark grey like it is. 91's had light grey leather in the shadow grey interior, 92's had black leather in the shadow grey interior. The owner might have swapped in some of the pieces from a stock 92 interior, but in some of the pictures it actually looks like a dark grey, which was never offered from Toyota. Maybe he had the leather dyed?

Still very nice, the interior just confuses me.

EDIT:

THIS WAS THE LAST FULL YEAR OF PRODUCTION

No it wasn't, 1992 was, and 1992 was actually an extended production year, lasting longer than any other model year Supra (including MK1, MK2, MK3 and MK4).

Jeff