turbulance_cressida

Sep 28, 2006
brooklyn,ny
Wondering how much a 1jz supra will sell for. Here a list so far of parts

Body parts list
1.1989 supra t-top 5spd no rust
2.91 all white trim
3.6" speaker pods with celestion speakers
4.burgundy leather interior cracks in driver and passenger seat no rips back seats are crispy clean
5.glow shift boost and wideband gauges
6.safc 1
7.apc steering wheel
8.hks turbo timer
9.greddy bcc

Motor and drivetrain parts
1.1jz jzz30 motor rebuilt head and new rings in the block
2.R154 tranny with 1j flywheel and bellhousing
3.Rps 6 puck disk stock 1j pressure plate
4.550cc injectors with 7m resister pack
5.Pt70 Turbo with custom manifold
6.50mm wastegate style
7.3in exhaust from turbo back
8.Arfp
9.96 tt fuel pump
The list has more but cant remeber it.

Last edited:

ebondragon87

Nov 6, 2007
Aurora, Colorado
It really depends one what you bought the car for. I've bought and sold 3 MKIII's (Looking for a 4th even though I swore them off 2 years ago :aigo:)

The first one I bought was an 86.5 N/A automatic Targa top, bought for $500 put an engine in it ($700) and did some maintenance (+/- $500), GF drove it for 2 years and I sold it for $2500

Second one was a 1987 Turbo Targa top 5 speed with a rod knock, bought it for $4500, swapped the motor out for a 1jz ($1300) and a bunch of other parts(+/- $2500), had head ache after head ache for 2 years, never got the car to run right and sold it for $4500.

Third was a 1989 Turbo Targa top already swapped 1jz w/ an automatic trans. Car lot could not get it to start and had no idea what they had. Paid $2500 for it dropped in a battery and spark plugs and it fired right up. Did some minor maintenance (+/- $500) and a year later sold it for $4500.

I guess with the exception of my 87 I always came out on top but all of mine were in excellent condition inside and out. Also contrary to popular belief aftermarket parts do not add value except to certain people, for instance someone who knows how much a good 1jz/2jz swap costs.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
It's worth what ever someone will pay for it. You might have to wait awhile to get your price. As long as your in no rush you can probably get close. It really depends on the condition of the interior and exterior. I would say 6-7K in good condition. How much are you into it for?

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Singled 1j with cracked drivers seat... burgundy interior too... 5000-5500.

And this is if it runs hard (makes 450whp).

Making money or breaking even is hard on a 'project car'. I've done it a few times, but the market was MUCH better back then (3-4 years ago).

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Poodles;1559412 said:
Cars are not investments.

Incorrect, some cars are investments. Not MKIIII Supra's. A MKIV Yes! But must be completely stock well maintained if found for cheap.

NO aftermarket parts will increase value. It in fact reduces it as its a personal touch to the car.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The only cars I've seen go up in value are Porsche and the occasional Rolls. I've never seen a car where you can get back your investment in go-fast parts, from any company.

A Mk4 is *NOT* an investment. Well, it's not a good investment, you'll lose money on it same as every other car.