Worth seeing: Brand new 1990 Turbo Targa

89TurboPC

May 10, 2007
Beach Cities, SoCal
See in a MK3 in it brand new condition these day is a very very rare.
Am I going to buy that for $50K? No freaking way. For $50K I buy myself a brand spanking new GS/IS that can smoke that Mk3 any day of the week.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
89TurboPC said:
See in a MK3 in it brand new condition these day is a very very rare.
Am I going to buy that for $50K? No freaking way. For $50K I buy myself a brand spanking new GS/IS that can smoke that Mk3 any day of the week.
I dont know what i would buy. Maybe an evo

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
figgie said:
but it will NEVER EVER Fetch as much as when the parts are OEM. Ask any car restorer which is worth more. A "restored" car or a car that still has all OEM parts with same or higher mileage. OEM will always fetch more.

+1.

Figgie's right on the money.

If you have any doubt about his statement, all that you have to do is visit a RM or Branson collector car Auction.

Original is always the most desireable.

The car might be worth the money to the right guy.

If you owned it, and were selling it... what would you ask for it.:sarcasm:

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
$10,000, Realistically you can't get much more for it to the general public. I'm sure the car is a clusterfuck anywho as everyone stated.

Listed to maybe a collector(god help his soul) or a Japanese car musuem(I'm sure we will see them soon) You could probably fetch a bit more. maybe $20,000

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Big Wang Bandit said:
$10,000, Realistically you can't get much more for it to the general public. I'm sure the car is a clusterfuck anywho as everyone stated.

I'm just now really looking at the pictures but, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Looks like a brand new car.

$10k??? Ridiculous. (even though it doesn't have tems:icon_bigg)

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
Supracentral said:
Ah, I remember those days...

How many of us bought one new? I know JJ did. Who else?

I bought my n/a new in June of 1990 for $19K plus 1K down and a trade of a 1986 MR2. I remember thinking that the Supra felt like a truck compared to the MR2.:biglaugh:

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
You need to remember tho. I'm going to go on a limb and say for the past 17 years, this car has been driven 50 miles and never has been maintained as a car in storage should.

Wear is wear, the car sitting for 17 years is just as bad as not changing the oil after 10k miles on some dino oil.

I'm sure this isnt really the case, as there is no backstory.

Its probably been started monthly or something of the sort, but really, that car isn't worth what it was + inflation when new. I could see someone buying it for $20,000, so I retract my 10k statement. I need to remember Mattjk sold his hunk for $14,000

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Why doesn't someone go and actually see it and ask the dealership all these questions we have, instead of us speculating on the state the car is in mechanically.....

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
LilMissMkIII said:
Why doesn't someone go and actually see it and ask the dealership all these questions we have, instead of us speculating on the state the car is in mechanically.....

Do you think the dealer would tell the truth about all items regarding this car? My experience with many dealers is they have the habit of stretching the truth in many cases Imo.