Worth seeing: Brand new 1990 Turbo Targa

WoundLicker

FuelCut
Mar 24, 2007
Calgary
That car has been around Southern Alberta since new. Someone bought and put it in a Quonset to store it (as the story goes). The first time i remember hearing of it was in 1999 or 2000 as it was up for auction then with 92 KM on it. It has been up for auction since then as well. IMO they should put it upstairs in henninger Toyota with all the other classics they have up there.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Wow that thing looks nice. Its soooo clean, well besdies the dust all over it ... ::looks at my 89 outside..... :( ::

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Too bad its targa... :hsugh:

very clean car though. i wonder why it just sat in storage for so long. amnesiac own it or something? either way it should be a museum piece.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
rodel said:
Clean! But for $50k :aigo: , you could do a factory-like (or better) full restore, all new parts for a couple of Supras.

but it will NEVER EVER Fetch as much as when the parts are OEM. Ask any car restorer which is worth more. A "restored" car or a car that still has all OEM parts with same or higher mileage. OEM will always fetch more.

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
I could not imagine how great it would be working on that car. Bolts would actually come off, and everything has the nice yellow shine of zinc dichromeate/cadmium plating...

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
its definitely jaw-dropping. i wonder how many others are hidden around the world.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
Clip said:
its definitely jaw-dropping. i wonder how many others are hidden around the world.

id guess barely a handful, if any more exist at all.

i think there was another supra that was pretty much the same shape and mileage on e-bay a year or two ago.

seeing cars like this always makes me wonder, who buys a brand new car, and then simply parks it?

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
I heard a story locally about one that was purchased and immediately put into an enviromentally controlled box and it was sold recently. Not sure what drives these people. Its not a lot of money you're making for the cost of storing and all the years it takes.

marc3

canadian blood
Jul 19, 2006
quebec,canada
awsome, if i had lots 'o'money, i would buy it for sure!!!
somepeople don't know what to do with they're money, so they buy something they like, or many things, and store them like such!!