World of Warcraft

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I've been playing since January '06.

My main is a Lv66 Troll Hunter.
Alt that I am currently leveling is Lv37 Blood Elf Rogue
I also have a 35 Human Rogue on another server, and a handful of really low level alts that are either failed experiments [classes that I didn't like] or "banks" to hold materials and equipment.

I think the problem people have is not with the game; it's with themselves. People who cannot control themselves or their lives have problems with MMORPGs.
If you play casually, you can still have fun; you just won't get the best items. If you want that though, with a little reading and know-how, you can set up your own WoW server on a separate computer where you can do pretty much whatever you want.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
guildless is fun, hard to find groups sometimes, but the expansion shattered a lot of guilds...

so going guildless is fun, and you can play casually. I like the lore and storyline in the game, plus the new areas allow you to rack up TONS of money, so you can actually do what you want...

SupraNBama

Apr 1, 2005
Anniston,Alabama
ive got a 51 undead warlock
26 blood elf paladin
22 Troll Rogue
22 Tauren Warrior
13 Undead Mage
all on doomhammer server
ive played off and on the last 10 months

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
My ex used to play the game all the time, shes like level 72 or something. I payed for a bit got to level 15 or so and got incredibly bored.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
I played for a few months, quit... I want to play it every time I see someone else play it, so I go blow money on it, five minutes later I'm back to FUCK THIS GAME =[

Fuck WoW, it's addicting

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i played it when it first came out a couple of years ago... 60 priest 60 hunter 60 warrior 60 mage 60 druid on two different accounts.. game has no play after 60. (at least it didnt when i played) and only had 2 raids. plus the guys on the only raid guild there were a bunch of pricks ( i guess that happens when you are by yourself all day playing video games LOL )

also was on doomhammer. left right after PVP points started as it was lame.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
tlo86 said:
i played it when it first came out a couple of years ago... 60 priest 60 hunter 60 warrior 60 mage 60 druid on two different accounts.. game has no play after 60. (at least it didnt when i played) and only had 2 raids. plus the guys on the only raid guild there were a bunch of pricks ( i guess that happens when you are by yourself all day playing video games LOL )

also was on doomhammer. left right after PVP points started as it was lame.

Many, many instances now, many more raids including "world bosses" who are raids outside of instances, just wandering around in some areas.

PvP is a lot of fun, but I agree that PvP points and arena points are kinda lame. When you get them, you get access to some really good equipment, but for a casual gamer that isn't going to happen. You had 3 60s?! That's a bit of time sunk into the game. With such little content and the amount of time you put in, it's no wonder you got bored and quit.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
there is ton of content in the game...

power leveling through grinding is the WORST way to enjoy the game, and the only server I did it on was a PvP one as the only way to stop from being ganked is to be higher level LOL

level 60-70 is a ton of fun compared to the 50-60 raid shit...

kHaNg

Like FAtHer Like SoN
Apr 17, 2007
Mass
i enjoyed my first 10 days but i dont believe in paying for an extra part of your life every month just because you have nothing to do.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Best South Park episode ever..

sp-wow.png

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
I have a lvl 65 human warrior(furry spec) and a lvl 29 blood elf mage(fire spec) as an alt. I tend to switch between the 2 when I get bored but I Still find myself bored with it latly. Mabye my charcter is not exciting enough??

My sis has a lvl 49 night elf hunter(was marksmen spec but now is beast mastery spec) and it seems like alot of fun and seems to be a pretty easy charcter to use. What everyones favorite class and spec???

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
doom26464 said:
I have a lvl 65 human warrior(furry spec) and a lvl 29 blood elf mage(fire spec) as an alt. I tend to switch between the 2 when I get bored but I Still find myself bored with it latly. Mabye my charcter is not exciting enough??

My sis has a lvl 49 night elf hunter(was marksmen spec but now is beast mastery spec) and it seems like alot of fun and seems to be a pretty easy charcter to use. What everyones favorite class and spec???

Hunter was fun, but the novelty wore out. Lv66 Marksman spec is so simple and repetitive - there isn't much mixing up to do. Sic pet on mob, aimed shot, mix in other shots, rinse and repeat. It wore out enough that I played a Rogue to 35 on another server and decided that I wanted to wait for the expansion so I could make a BE Rogue that I could "feed" with materials from my main on my main server "Laughing Skull US, PvP" [known as the server that Leeroy Jenkins played on].
At Lv38, Enchanting is at 310 and Jewelcrafting and First Aid are at 300. Fishing and Cooking are on their way up there as well. I make a little bit of gold on my own now, charging for enchants like Crusader and Fiery. I can't wait to be high enough level to farm SM for shards. That should boost gold gained from enchants by a bit.

My favorite spec so far is Combat Rogue.