Working Out...

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
So I'm attempting to get back in shape and I was wondering if any of you have head about unique work outs or just... interesting stuff.

There's the normal stuff- swim, run, go to the gym and what not. And I've been swimming but one thing I really want to do is those strip-aerobics. They're aerobics routines based on stripping. I think it sounds really fun and it would be something not as common as some forms of working out... see what I'm saying.

Any other cool work outs that you've tried or heard of?

~Meg

L

lanky189

so..we'd just use the moves for OUR shape.... hehehe.. jk

i need to get in shape too.. im fat. but lazy and drunk is sooo fun!

meggs521

Apr 6, 2005
South Bend
I mainly just want to be healthy... feel healthier. I wouldn't mind losing some weight and toning up (legs and tummy) but I mainly just want to feel good.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
meggs521 said:
I mainly just want to be healthy... feel healthier. I wouldn't mind losing some weight and toning up (legs and tummy) but I mainly just want to feel good.

exactly, I have to do the same thing, lol. I've been hovering at the 132-137 mark since I had my last baby and I hate it. Would love to get back down to 115. :icon_conf

I'm still on phase 1 of my "feeling better" program, lol
which is eating/drinking better...no more sodas or fried fast food crap.
I've felt a lot better, and have lost a few pounds.

strip aerobics? wow never heard of that but sounds interesting :naughty:

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
there was a time when i did tae bo... it wasnt bad. really exhausting and stuff. gave me some nice muscles but somehow i cant get rid of my fat with workout...

these muscles are long gone now tho :(... what a shame but im thinner now, lol.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Mountain biking doesn't seem to drop your actual weight by much, if at all. It sure drops your measurements, though. Definitely gives you that energetic feeling, too - when I started, I was doing the usual plodding up stairs, now I bound up them 2 or 3 at a time.

It's also very easy to track progress with. There is this trail at SFU that I ride, and all I have to do is count the stops I make on the way up, and time how long it takes me to recover at the top!

Of course, the downside is that it's expensive to get started in.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
lagged said:
jogging is one of THE best things that you can do to get and stay in shape.

jogging yes, and if you work out, its 10xs better to go very slow than to go fast, like doing pushups, do 5 pushups very very slow, and then do 10 fast as you can. those 5 will kick your ass before 20 fast ones will.
same goes for lifting weights, but jogging is a very good way to stay in shape, wanna lose the stomach do sit-ups.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
i tried sit ups all my life and i got muscles from it but never really lost the lil tummy...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
TopSecret said:
i tried sit ups all my life and i got muscles from it but never really lost the lil tummy...

well stop drinkin then

:biglaugh:
j/k

"O god, please dont kill me"

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Err... common misconception is that working a specific area will burn fat from that area.

Actually, your body will pull fat from wherever it damn well pleases when you work out, regardless of what muscles you happen to be working on at the time.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
60 days in the desert last winter..
In the morning, I took two "take-off" supplement pills and ate a regular breakfast. I would eat a low carb, low fat lunch [plain tuna or western beans were common]. Then, I would eat no dinner, take two more "take-off" pills and hit the gym. All I worked while I was there were my abs, chest and triceps. I arrived at the desert 190lbs and left 165. I'm 5'11", so the difference was seen quite well.
Oh.. and I drank TONS of water. It can be quite an appetite suppressant. Sometimes you need more than just water in your stomach, but it can help curb the appetite. Still, I believe that 25lbs in 60 days WITHOUT any cardio is quite impressive.

A little tip - if you are going to take supplements to help you lose weight, follow the instructions carefully. Don't take too much. Also, my advice is to not take anything with Niacin [I tried Zantrex-3 for a week and I didn't see any progress in losing any weight - and it cost 2x what Take-Off cost! The Niacin does something to blood flow in your skin, and gave me a rash for a couple hours, made me itchy and hot, and irritated overall.]

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
D34DC311 said:
jogging yes, and if you work out, its 10xs better to go very slow than to go fast, like doing pushups, do 5 pushups very very slow, and then do 10 fast as you can. those 5 will kick your ass before 20 fast ones will.
same goes for lifting weights, but jogging is a very good way to stay in shape, wanna lose the stomach do sit-ups.

You are right about the pushups..

Jeez, when it came time for the P.T. test, I was able to pull off 60 fast ones in a minute. Maybe it was the "Oh man, this test counts for something" adrenaline that helped me pull those out, but I'll tell you.. I couldn't do 40 slow ones over the course of two minutes.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I've been trying to get my GF to do this for YEARS! It's a damn good work out... and maybe if you did good enough (someone tell me how it wouldn't be possible....) you and your "man" could both get a decent work-out afterwards as well.... kinda like a twofer..... Just another upside to all of this.... :icon_bigg