working on custom drag shocks

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
WeDgE said:
Why not just take existing drag shocks for other applications (similar in length, etc. to the Supra) and manufacture mounts for them?

I think that would be a starting point. But each engine and chasis has a different weight. The hardcore guys need adjustable units. Along with adjustable links.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
the Mk3 has a different suspension geometry than other cars. the point at which the shock bolts to the unsprung area can drastically change the lever advantage of the control arm. im pretty sure thats how to explain it. one combo might work for a camaro but when putting it on the mk3, it may be too soft. i know this is the case for the front of our car since the shock bolts further inboard, away from the centerline of the wheel than other cars. this puts more leverage advantage on the suspensoin compared against if the shock was bolted right to the back of the hub.

mike... how are things going w/ those shocks? i still havent got that set of bilsteins from my friend, but once i do... you got more work ;)