words cant explain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxboy36

Mar 25, 2010
Chesapeake, Virginia
so im replacing the head gasket in my car, and i cant get the head off at all. if anyone lives in central FL or around that area wanna help that would be nice. Three amateurs isnt breaking that head loose.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Huh? Is everything unbolted? all 14 head bolts? You can pry lightly in a few places without putting a tool on the seam of the head and block. Just pop it loose. I've never heard of a 7M head being that stuck.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You should remove everything that looks connected to it. I have seen people pull the head with both manifolds but if this is your first time pull the head, remove everything connected to the head before actually trying to remove the head.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Things to check:

Supply/return fuel lines
Wiring that runs down and in between the intake manifold runners
Coolant hose to TB running through intake manifold
Coolant hoses at the back of the head

If it's coming up a little bit, it means you've missed something to disconnect. Plain and simple.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I would suggest starting here;
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=EM&P=34

then work your way through all the way to here;
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=EM&P=39

Your definately missing something along the way. For us to hunt/peck/guess at what you are missing is just dumb. How about this, did you take off the alternator and belt? Did you take off the whole wiring harness? Did you unplug each injector, sometimes hard to do with the upper manifold on, did you remove the harness ground connection on the manifold? Did you unplug the vsv's(egr and fpr)? Did you unplug the ISC and the TPS? Did you take off the brace on the manifold? Are all of the vaccum lines disconnected from the manifold? Hose on the back of the head? Power steering reservoir? Heater hose on rear? 90 deg. hose on rear? Fuel lines, both? CPS connector? Coolant hose on intake side? 90deg. under PWR steering res.? The rest you said you already took off so I think we are going to take your word on it.

Bottom line, you're missing something. If it is your first time, use the TSRM and go through step by step and do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.