woot! take that CT emissions!!

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
p564861_1.jpg

550cc injectors, maftpro with speed density runing an UNADJUSTED 18psi street tune!

I was excited for it to pass, and it was pretty cool as every tech in the shop and even customers from out in the parking lot watched as the car was on the rollers

Comment, discuss

-Dustin

thesupe87

ArenaCreative.com
Jun 13, 2005
USA
www.arenacreative.com
My NA always just barely passes, except this time it failed. Here are my numbers in CT:

HC
Limit: 167
Actual: 18

CO
Limit: 0.53
Actual 0.02

NOx
Limit: 1167
Actual 1453

Everything is perfect, except the NOx levels. I think I might need a new cat, the car is starting to smell like the cat isn't doing it's job anymore. I have a small leak in the pipe that goes into the cat also. What do you guys think? The car has been idling great, I get 22 mpg highway even.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
So... wheres the rest of the 1st post, seems to be missing any relevant technical information besides things that wouldn't effect emissions if done right anyway.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ct is a joke for emissions, that being said, my 89 hasnt cleared in 5+ years and i havent gotten a letter yet

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
mkIIIman089 said:
So... wheres the rest of the 1st post, seems to be missing any relevant technical information besides things that wouldn't effect emissions if done right anyway.

Yeah, I don't get why he's all excited unless it's simply because he passed. None of what he listed effects emissions and the numbers show his engine isn't running right. Ignorance is bliss I guess...

catch2nd

80's toyota lover
Mar 30, 2005
Oldest fair in CT
jetjock said:
Yeah, I don't get why he's all excited unless it's simply because he passed. None of what he listed effects emissions and the numbers show his engine isn't running right. Ignorance is bliss I guess...

easy guys.... first, this post is a few months old... second, this is in the "general discussion" forum... not tech.

And how exactly do the numbers show my engine isn't running right.... high co levels simply show a "rich" condition as the combustion resulted in too little oxygen and too much carbon to make co2... correct? As already stated, this test was on a rough 18psi street tune on a daily driven car, so if running it a little rich is safe, even more so with the high levels of ethanol in the gas here, then so be it

-Dustin

Frank Rizzo

Banned
Jul 25, 2007
Fixing your girl's car
My numbers here in CT are:

HC 66
CO .17
NOx 161

I did that on 4/27/07 on bone stock exhaust, cat everything and a new head gasket.

I'm interested in your GVWR, mine says 3665 yours says 4460. Did you have a couple bodies in the hatch? My Equiv Test Wt is 3875 just like yours so I don't get it.

thesupe87

ArenaCreative.com
Jun 13, 2005
USA
www.arenacreative.com
foreverpsycotic said:
ct is a joke for emissions, that being said, my 89 hasnt cleared in 5+ years and i havent gotten a letter yet

Maybe I should just say screw it. Should I at least try to clean out my EGR, seal up the leak in front of my cat, and take it back for the one free re-test?

What the frick, who knows If I'm even going to keep this car much longer. Using it for a $3000 trade in value is starting to seem more appealing. I need something that's front or all wheel drive, as I just bought a house on a huge friggin' hill. (DoH...) If I do part with the supra, I am going to miss it. Other option is to keep it as a summer/weekend car.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
:1zhelp:
thesupe87 said:
Maybe I should just say screw it. Should I at least try to clean out my EGR, seal up the leak in front of my cat, and take it back for the one free re-test?

What the frick, who knows If I'm even going to keep this car much longer. Using it for a $3000 trade in value is starting to seem more appealing. I need something that's front or all wheel drive, as I just bought a house on a huge friggin' hill. (DoH...) If I do part with the supra, I am going to miss it. Other option is to keep it as a summer/weekend car.

You live in CT? what condition is the supra in (body wise) model, year ect. I might be able to find a buyer.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
thesupe87 said:

never had an issue with good tires and with the stock LSD...

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
I also failed, I fixed an exhaust leak, changed the O2 sensor, and i went back, cleaned up my EGR system and seafoamed the intake and oil and gas, the numbers were much better but i still failed NOx. I sold the car to some guy, all he said he had to do was change the cat and it passed with flying colors, and he got one of those 40$ ebay models. Not Fair!!!