WOOO!!HOOO!! It's time to celebrate!!!!

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
I got my turbo on.... (thanks too_stand!!)... And i got the car running again tonight!! After I pulled the old turbo it had alot of side-to-side play in it. I'm so happy it wasn't a BHG. (Hopefully it'll last until it's warmer out.) It sucks doin' that crap outside with no protection.
Anyways... Kinda pointless thread...

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
The only reason i thought it was a BHG is... That when i stopped at a stop sign. The car would get completley covered in smoke. It smelled just like my crappy riding lawnmower:biglaugh:. Anyways... as soon as i started asking questions... everyone threw the BHG flag. (Which got me worried.) But I did a leak down and a compression test. All the plugs looked clean. So I ruled out the BHG. After I pulled the turbo off. I noticed it had 2 decent sized cracks from the wastegate to the turbine. (So I would guess thats where I was getting my smoke from.) That and the turbine wheel almost hits the housing. From side to side play.
But I'm still running on the stock...165,000mile... headgasket. So.. hopefully it'll last until this spring. I'm hoping to just buy a JDM 7MGTE to replace the whole thing this summer. My cars missing alot, and has bad connectors. So it's more worthwhile just to swap it out for a lower mileage motor. (I would think).

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Ha ha ha... if your Supra does this
p1198241_1.jpg
you may have a BHG :biglaugh:

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
(grimsta) It used to look like that out of the exhaust. But now I got the turbo on. And all is well. At least kinda.... until I find out where all the vaccum lines go... that some retard replaced with caps go:3d_frown:. Some people need to just leave crap alone!!!

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Yeah, F the JDM engines, get a good used engine from a reputable supplier that tests compression, oil pressure & inspects the ports and head because you usually only have to do the timing belt, water pump front & rear main seals on those. But on a Supra i'd recommend changing the headgasket as well

nightmare

Sep 19, 2008
Southern Indiana
Okay... I just meant another 7MGTE. And yes I'll be doin the headgasket to whatever motor i get before it goes in. My 165,000 mile motor is do for a complete rebuild anyways. I'm just goin to get another motor for a shorter down time. I might even rebuild whatever motor I put in.