wont rev past 4000

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
I feel like ive seen this headline before... but i searched and couldnt find it.
My problem(of the week) is this: The car revs fine while in neutral, sounds great, really. While in gear, especially 3rd and 4th, the car wont rev past 4000 rpm, and makes a moaning sort of sound. I was thinking maybe the clutch is going, but it doesnt really slip otherwise, I can still toast em if i want to. Maybe a boost leak or my turbo dying? the car definatly isnt pulling as hard as it should be, and boost is topping off at 7 instead of pegging the gague like it used to. Any ideas? Maybe the hole in my gas tank sucking in air, making for not enough fuel flow to get past 4k? help, that mustang almost had me! haha.

albert

albertmdh

Apr 7, 2005
Fredericksburg, VA
just pulled that bitch, definatly a bit of shaft play. balls. I really dont have the money for a new turbo. any chance a junkyard turbo would be ok? And an oops. when i disconnected the accordian hose, the small hose connected to the bottom popped off of whatever it was connected to on the other side, and I have no idea what that is. Help.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The hose on the bottom connects to the power steering pump - there will be another hose that leads across the front of the engine, this one plugs in right beside it.

Junkyard turbos are sometimes ok... but often not. You could likely do better searching the for sale forums here for someone upgrading to a bigger snail.