won't rev past 2,200

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Once again I'm looking for any insight, or suggestions. As the title says. The car runs great but it refuses to rev past 2,200. This is the 87 with water damage that's being worked on.

checked all grounds, replaced fuel pump, spark plugs, wires.

It's throwing a code 11 which I believe is powers source for ecu.

Again, thanks for any help in advance.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
If you have water damage, it's probably grounds, clean them real well if you haven't already.

Sounds like your TPS might need adjusting also.

I think you're going to have to fix the code 11 first, could be grounds or bad connections.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Hm. I would have cleaned the grounds already If I were working on it, but sadly my good friend is working on it in another state. So I'm not sure if he has or not.

I'll definitely have my buddy look into both of those things now.

Thanks agian for the advice :)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Alright, so grounds cleaned, went through 4 tps' all of which wouldn't calibrate correctly, so got a brand new one. The car ran fine, but it sputtered, and now it won't go past 2,500rpm. Code 11 has changed to a code 31 (AFM IIRC) and 2 different afm's have been tried on the car, as well as tested to TSRM spec, and they both check out. :nono: It's also throwing another code because the starter's circuit is bypassed (relay might be out).

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
well, somewhere between changing the fuel filter, swapping afm's, and getting a brand new TPS.... the car runs great now! only have to get the brake lights working now...