won't idle on its own

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i have been searching for a while and trying to figure out this problem for a couple weeks now.
i installed an emanage a while back and found out it didn't work, so i removed it. then the car started idling like shit and threw the "no rpm signal code", and of course "over boost". Well i just checked my codes and there are none, but i have to keep the car idling with the pedal, and the car has a severe miss at idle, when i drive, it seems to go away. i let my friend thomas adjust the cps while i held it at 800rpm. it was right to begin with but he played with it a little, hopefully he got it back where it was. the cps is the only thing i haven't changed, only cause i don't have a spare. my fuel pressure was and is still set according to the tsrm.
things i've changed to identify the miss and rough idle: not in this order
ecu
plugs
wires
coilpack
igniter pack
isc
fuel rail
went from 550's back to 440's
went from lexus back to stock

adjusted tps a few months ago

I know it is a pita to diagnose problems without being near the car, but i could use some help.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
mine did that also, It made code 31. (afm) and I still have the stock afm. maybe check that. was it doing that with the lex afm or stock?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Noah, my Buddy Bill in Theodore (maybe 20-25 miles from you) helped me with my timing last weekend, and we adjusted my idle as well. I'm sure he would be more than happy to help. If I remember correctly, we rigged your water temp wires just before that Chicago return trip got interesting. Did you ever get a good pigtail for that? I'm trying to source good pigtails myself right now, and I think Ken in Texas has me hooked up on them.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
that wire you are thinking about has been reconnected. setting my timing is not the problem, it's trying to figure out why my car won't idle on its own.
today i was able to spray some carb cleaner around my intake manifold and upper plenum and the car did idle up dramatically within 2 seconds, so i guess i somehow have an intake leak, which i will address. it's weird though, since all my gaskets only have about 13k miles on them.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Since we're all stabbing in the dark here...have you re-checked all of your intake bolts and intake fittings, clamps, and such since you last replaced the gaskets? It's funny how things work loose.

Just a thought...