Won't idle, misfire, running rich, advanced timing. Please help!

myastzo

Hobo restorer
Jun 6, 2011
Moscow
Hi guys!

So i've got this troubles with my car: When i start it up, it fires, works like a charm a second and starts to sputter, idle oscillates, smells fuel like hell, very advanced timing (With Te1 and E1 jumped - far more than 15, maybe 25. If i unscrew the CPS and turn it to maximum, it will be 10 but i cant secure it with bolt due to holes not matching. Although with 10 degrees it works the same. I was rolling with MAFT Pro, but in search of a problem reverted car to "stock" (Lexus AFM, RC 550s, AFPR, MHG) just to make sure it wasnt MAFT. Opened ECU, all capacitors seem fine, no leaks. Tried to decrease an amount of fuel via AFPR, but it has no effect. I made new shielded wiring to CPS, new wiring (New terminals and pigtails) to ISCV, Injectors were ultrasonic cleaned, new plugs (Fouled black due to running rich.) Plug wires are NGK with 8000km on them. Igniter and coils are working (Swapped in another supra and it works fine.) Compression check: 1 to 6 -> 11,8 - 11,8 - 11,6 - 11,2 - 12 - 12,2 (This may be not a accurate data, done it myself first time.) I've got a video uploaded so maybe it will help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOGVnzRSLj8

Thank you in advance.:icon_bigg

P.S. I remember that the car worked nice and stuff, but one day it started to misfire (It always was a little, but now it really was a problem.)

myastzo

Hobo restorer
Jun 6, 2011
Moscow
P.P.S. When i apply throttle, it become more stable as i think, but really bad misses, i hear a ~5-10 misses a second on ~3500 RPM.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
Cps is installed wrong possibly. Sounds like it's a tooth or two off, did you take it out at any point? Any check engine codes? You cannot properly set the timing if the check engine code is on

Blackmk3

Apr 10, 2006
New Zealand
CPS defiantly sounds set wrong. look up in the TRSM on how to do it correctly. it is tricky as you need to allow a extra tooth so when the cps slides into the helicoil gear it then meshes at the correct spot, alot of people get caught on it. other suggestion would be checking the internal wiring of the cps. But as mentioned check the codes, fix the faults set the timing correct at 10 then go from there. Get the basics that the engine needs to operate done first