Wondering if it was worth it...

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
OK i am planning a 1jz swap as the 2jz has the same output but better power curve but does anyone have a time slip for 1/4 or 1/8 mile times. just seems like its a good motor but does it have any down falls

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It's a decent motor to say the least. The only downside that I'd be willing to point out is the lack of parts availability - you can still get parts in North America, however, it's going to take longer than driving down to your local Toyota dealer and getting ANYTHING for your 7M or 2J in literally a matter of hours.

If you are willing to deal with that, go for it.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
IJ. said:
How about a 2jz? ;)

yeah the ct12b's definatly own the crappy 1j ones ;) I just love the overall flow of the tq and hp cure on the 1j. the 2j is slightly different.

grimjack. Its not a problem to find parts. everything is pretty much the same as a 2j or other parts have been sourced from other cars. Its just as easy to walk into a parts store and order what you need. For bottom end bearing is where you may have to wait for a day or two for them to come in.

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
Driving the 1j and reving it at 6500 rpm almost every day for a year now and not once had given me any trouble. So, "decent" is hardly the word I would choose to describe the 1jz. Psifactor is right about the parts and availability at least here in Ca.