Wolf EMS

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Would all depend on how the software has matured, I had one of the original prerelease units and the software let it down badly to the point I gave up and returned it.

5001.jpg

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Damn..... IJ what were your main problems....I am running one with no issues so far. I have a relocated ISC that it runs flawlessly, and I am soon to test a new cam gear sensing set up when all of the parts arrive. I set this up with LS-2 coils, electric controlled fans, and dual walbro intank fuel pumps 2 years ago and have been happy with its function so far.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Just a whole bunch pf things didn't work when I got it and there was no way to enable them in software as the firmware needed to be reflashed, once that was done a couple of things at that stage didn't work and a few promised features after a year of waiting hadn't happened.

ie: Narrow band, DBW, TRAC and so on...

Software may have caught up by now as the hardware showed great promise.

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
So far my Wolf v500 has all the things that I.J mentioned was omitted in the first batch.........With my relocated ISC valve it has my car idling at 875-950 rpms, and no lope from 272 cams.......
Robbie McQueen is great at addressing any issues on the telephone and by email for support. They stand by their units no questions asked so far I give them an A++ for function and support

Last edited:

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Since I own a wolf and I have tinkered with it's tuning I will keep this thread alive. I have for the last few months been trying to learn to correct an idle, and an over rich condition from my last tune. I had a falling out with my tuner and decided to do some things myself just to learn so I wouldnt be so blind about whats was happening. Soooooooo.....because of that my car was sitting down for almost a year. Anyway it was running pig rich -8 under WOT at 3000 rpms. I finally have the car boosting at between 10.7 AFR and 11.00afr. I have finally got a steady idle of 850-907 rpms with a 14.0-14.4 afr. I did this by having a hard timing of 10 degrees btdc, and then advancing timing at 800-900 rpms at 18.6. My relocated ISC keeps the motor running with a vacuum of 16psi no lope.

What do you think about the timing at idle being 18.6 IJ. I know the 7M advanced idle beyond 15 btdc when the NE jumper was removed so I settled for 18.6 timing which gave me a better idle and vacuum.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
You can get away with much more timing at idle Ant, 20>28 degrees will load the engine up a bit harder so you can use a touch more throttle position and overall this will give a nicer idle, just going to need to experiment a bit with your combination to learn what it likes.

QWIKSTRIKE

Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Thanks I.J.....I was thinking it could take more but wanted to confirm this witrh you first The car is running well for the 1st time in two years. Whupped up on a friend witrh an evo that has been calling me out for 3 weeks yesterday. I have to tune it doing a 4th gear pull However; 3rd gear and lower is very respectable. I am breaking tires loose drivng in second gear if I get on it and 3rd gear making 15lbs of boost at 4000-4200 rpms!