Wisdom Teeth

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
If they aren't impacted it's no big deal, if they are you may get dry sockets and great drugs like I did! If your impacted go get some movies, pudding, and jello now.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
surferofthesnow;1068141 said:
Some of you make it sound painless, others painful as hell.

The extraction was quite painless for me. Then again, I was used to dental pain, what with having 4 teeth removed just to be able to "make room" for braces. Braces give a different kind of dull but constant pain, especially for the first week of each month, upon being adjusted.
I only had 3 wisdom teeth extracted; X-rays showed that I only had one upper wisdom tooth, and of course the two huge lower ones.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Wisdom teeth are an evolutionary remnant of when cavemen would lose teeth due to poor hygene, and a harsher diet. Im more evolved and never developed wisdom teeth, dont even have the buds that they grow from. ;)

I feel for you lesser beings! :sarcasm:

surferofthesnow

Feb 14, 2008
Ketchum, ID
theWeezL;1068177 said:
Wisdom teeth are an evolutionary remnant of when cavemen would lose teeth due to poor hygene, and a harsher diet. Im more evolved and never developed wisdom teeth, dont even have the buds that they grow from. ;)

I feel for you lesser beings! :sarcasm:

Lol.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
had mine pulled when roots were starting hurt and felt crapping for about 3-4days, just make sure they load you up with meds before you go under. best of luck, its no biggie just annoying pain for a while.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Damn, I got mine done early enough that it was quick...

Also, quite a few people have enough room for them to come in without crowding. Weezle is just a freak of nature...

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Poodles;1068679 said:
Weezle is just a freak of nature...

ROFL! NOT the first time Ive heard that.

I really feel for you. I was around when my wife had to have them done and she was miserable. Im REALLY glad I never had to deal with it since Im a dentaphobic.

Im sure they told you to gargle with salt water and all that. Just hang in there it gets better pretty fast.

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
I was 17 when I got all 4 of mine out. Never felt a single hint of any pain. Didn't even need the painkillers they gave me. Man that nitrous and morphine preop was a trip though :aigo: