wisconsin caravan to chi2k8

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
I'll be heading to chi2k8 either thursday night or friday morning, not sure yet.
post here if you're interested in meeting up before hand and cruising down together
post where you're from and when you'd like to meet up.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
87M-GTE;1091965 said:
Im planning on only going down for friday, which is Drag day!!!
Soooo, leave before noon friday?

did you go last year? I was there around noon in 2006 and racing didnt start till like 4pm, but if practice runs start at noon, I wouldnt mind getting there sooner so my car has a chance to cool off a little from the long drive

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
audioman81;1091960 said:
I'll be heading to chi2k8 either thursday night or friday morning, not sure yet.
post here if you're interested in meeting up before hand and cruising down together
post where you're from and when you'd like to meet up.

You might want to come out Thursday Night as it always ends up being a HIGHLIGHT!

audioman81;1091968 said:
did you go last year? I was there around noon in 2006 and racing didnt start till like 4pm, but if practice runs start at noon, I wouldnt mind getting there sooner so my car has a chance to cool off a little from the long drive

We will have a group lunch in Kenosha before the drag racing starts. So plan on being in the Kenosha area around 10-10:30. After a quick lunch, we will all caravan to GLD to be there at noon.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
95BlackToy;1092061 said:
You might want to come out Thursday Night as it always ends up being a HIGHLIGHT!

We will have a group lunch in Kenosha before the drag racing starts. So plan on being in the Kenosha area around 10-10:30. After a quick lunch, we will all caravan to GLD to be there at noon.

Do you guys stay in Kenosha Thursday night? Where are you planning on hanging out or having a couple beers at a bar somewhere?

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
87M-GTE;1092093 said:
This will be my first time going.

I dont think the drag day is at GLD...

You do realize I'm the CHI2K8 Organizer, right? Drag Day is at GLD.

audioman81;1092147 said:
Do you guys stay in Kenosha Thursday night? Where are you planning on hanging out or having a couple beers at a bar somewhere?

The Welcoming party is at Dave & Buster's in Addison, IL. I will have an official Hotel for CHI2K8 soon so that you can book your rooms.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
95BlackToy;1092152 said:
The Welcoming party is at Dave & Buster's in Addison, IL. I will have an official Hotel for CHI2K8 soon so that you can book your rooms.

Is anybody staying at hotels or camping nearby GLD or Kenosha Thursday or Friday night? Saturday night it would make sense to stay In IL tho.

95BlackToy

Nov 2, 2005
IL
noah89t;1096156 said:
good luck with planning another nice chicago meet nelson.
if there is another car show this year at toyota, will the supras be separated by generation?

I'm working on it!!!

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
does anybody want to meet up thursday night in the milwaukee area?
I'm looking into a place to stay thursday night and head down friday morning.

a friend of mine is coming too so she can run my video camera while I race.
hopefully we can get some good footage on the way down there too.

lmk if anybody wants to join in the caravan or knows of a good place to stay.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
supradaddy84;1108927 said:
i'm leaving on thursday after i pick up some parts from where i work to put on my car early friday. im close by caulvers on highway 100 an greenfeild.

I hope you have better luck than me with your parts. I just put a used upgraded ct 57 trim turbo on and my car started smoking like a chimney and ended up putting my stock ct back on. something was seriously wrong with the turbo. oh well. looks like I might not need the helmet I just bought, we'll see. fastest time so far was 14.17
what kinda parts are you putting on?

im staying at the country inn right by the brat stop on thursday night so I'll be right there incase I sleep late.

what are you up to friday after the races?

supradaddy84

Aug 15, 2007
Northlake, ILL
well i work at U.S. AutoForce so i can get a descent price on some car parts and tires. i need all brakes and rotors rear calipers, shocks and springs, and tires. im hoping to afford something to atleast bring my car to stock.