Wiring Peer Review? Aristo ECU/Harness in 91

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I believe that the jumper connections I am using, may have come from a mid-89 Sup. Basically the pin-outs are the same, but because mid-89 had a few changes and used leftover stuff from earlier years, the wire colors aren't always something to count on.

I removed the extra wires I had in the connectors and then went by the necessary pins/wires needed. On the dash-side of the harness/connectors, most of the wire colors did match up.

So, when connecting the wires, make sure that they are going to the right wire/pin on the dash/body-side of the connectors. If you look at the Excel file I was using for the Aristo body connector, you can see where I was using wire colors and pin numbering (never did finish that document tho).

I am still at a standstill and may not be able to get back to mine until late tomorrow.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
@#@%^(*&*_)(*_(**$$@#()(*_*_#@#%#@9=

Removed alarm and fixed all the cut/impacted wires at the steering column. No damn check engine light yet. I have 2 black/yellow wires going back into the harness and the labels on each say "Eng Diag" as I'm trying to trace it back from the M1 connector.

If I was to trace the W - check engine wire from the M1 connector to the ECU, would it be Pin #6 on the E10 plug?

Gonna go through it all again tomorrow.

Thanx for all the help so far.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Got a bit more left to do, but traced the W-Check Engine Light wire back to the diag block, so I am sure I have the right one now. Am finishing up the other M1 connections and gonna try again this evening.

Just wierd how even when you trace things and have 'em connected properly, things just end up "not right."

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Tried again and now don't even get the fuel pump/main-relay kickin' on and no check engine light (WTF!?!?).

Gotta go hang some X-Mas lights before dark. Will pull everything again and verify all of the connectivity.

Including the notes/responses from others, does anyone see anything else in my connections that I am overlooking or have connected wrong?

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Yes pin 6 on TCCS ECU E10 plug.And pin 52 on the big gray aristo's plug,
for the diagnosis check box (wire to wire connection).
I don't know what else could it be :aigo:
I wish I could help you more...:cry:
..But I think is something that has to do with 'proper power connections'
so you can give 'life' to igniter,fuel pump,circuit relays etc.
Good luck man...
Feel free to ask me enything :sarcasm:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
...Found that the B/O wire (Pin 1 on the ECU plug) had a bad connection. Fixed it and now fuel pump (M-Rel) comes on & stays on still after cranking.

Here's the wierd part... No check engine light when I first try to start, but after I crank and remove the key, the light comes on and stays on, until I pull the M-Relay to stop the FP.

EDIT: I did notice that the guage cluster I have is for a 5-speed (not auto). The dash/body wiring is for an auto (not than any of this makes a difference).

I have checked all of the obvious and even tho I'm tired as hell, I can't be messing this up, if I'm following what I've already documented. Since there was alot of wiring that was touched with the aftermarket alarm, I am going to re-review the other dash/ignition connections again and see what I can find there as well.

I have to get the garage cleaned up tonight and make room for the wife's MKIV, so I will have to pick this back up again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I am going to try to tackle this again tomorrow...

Any ideas on what I may have wired wrong and/or do the symptoms mean that there may be a bad sensor or other issue to chase down? I'm out of ideas.

I am going to recheck... STA = Start Signal --- Black wire on E9 Pin #77

Can anyone tell me what they did with this one (if anything)?

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Was reviewing some of my docs before getting started. Saw this on one of Rick's documents. The ABS wires are tied with the P and N signal wires...

Did anyone have to do something similar with the Aristo harness/ECU to the MKIII Auto-dash-harness? I don't think I have mine wired like this yet, but may try it to see if it's the P or N signal (or lack of), is causing anything weird. Your opinions would be very appreciated (most of them anyways ;-)!

ig1formt.jpg

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Gonna try and take some time out of X-Mas today and play with the power wires some more. Can someone please post their connection info, just for comparison?

I am getting power everywhere it belongs, when it's supposed to be there (B+, switched, etc). The Check Engine light is not coming on anymore at all, so I need to see if I hosed it up at the ECU. The EFI system still stays alive after the key is removed tho.

It would make my day to get this bad boy started!

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Rechecked wiring and fixed a few small issues, but nothing significant.

I did find that I don't get continuity from the grounds (ECU Pins 4, 65, 79, 80), until after I tried to crank/start. Shouldn't there be ground at least when I have the key turned "ready to start?"

The EFI/Fuel pump starts and stops with the key now, but still no check engine light.

Do E10 Pins 31 & 33 really come together with C1 Pin 4 and B1 Pin 7 (all at the same point)?
E10 & C1 PLUG:
Pin #24 to C1 Pin #2 (Black/Orange - M-Relay)
Pin #31 Black/Red = B+ (Connected to C1 Pin #4 & B1 Pin #7)
Pin #32 Black/Red = B1+ (Soldered to C1 Pin #4 & B1 Pin #7)

Pin #33 W/R C1 Pin #1 (Black/Yellow = BATT)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
bump front the dead.. I just pinned everything out for my buddys 88.. I'll look into the 89+ wiring and give you a hand with the wiring if you're still having troubles? Right now I dont have the PPS, and abs 100% wired (cause my buddies car doesn't have), but will look into it. I have it all writen on a pad at home, I'll clean it up and post it later..

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Took the harness off of the car and am almost done going through it. The wires at the coilpacks (top part of the engine) were pretty crispy and some wer stuck together, but no obvious exposed/melted stuff.

Probably another hour's worth of work and it'll be ready to go back on.

I do not have the connector on the rear speed sensor. If someone can tell me which wires go to which pin/connectors at the dash, I would certainly appreciate it.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
in a 89 EWD its
B3-1 Black wire
B3-2 Red /Black stripe
B3-5 Yellow
B3-6 Blue / yellow stripe

I dont have a 90 or 91 EWD to confirm if they're the same I assume so since 88 uses the B2 connector

Edit: wait Rear ABS speed sensor on the 5spd? or aristo auto ecu sensor wires?

Edit: here is my wiring for the 88 Connectors. It might help you out?? if you have any questions LMK and I'll figure it out.

GS300/Aristo Body plug Labeling
sm_photo_missing.jpg

ECU A plug
p886169_1.jpg

88 M1 and B1 Plug (88 B3 plug is ABS/PPS so dont have)
p886169_2.jpg

For the ECU A plug I cross referenced the 2jz/1jz ecu adapter harness and traced to their corresponding pins on the Body harness, why the 1jz plug label names on the sheet.

I perviously had an aristo ecu working flawlessly on my 1jzharness w/ adapter harness. A/C, PPS, and ABS worked on the car without issues, thats why I referenced that way.

Last edited:

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
For the rear speed sensor on the R154...

I have the sensor without a connector. It has 3 wires coming from it..Red, Black, and a dirty one that looks white (w/black stripe?). I have a 7M engine harness that I can pull the wires/connector from, but need to make sure to connect the right wires at the sensor side.

Thanks... Lot's of good info!!!!!

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
update... found a few errors, lol

B1-22 should be B1-19 (for an 88)

also C4-1 needs to be spliced to B1-9 (ik1-e3) as well. I had no power at +B at the diag port or o2 sensor (got o2 code). B1-9 is the Fuel pump power too so no fuel. Will fix today and should be fired up.. Ik1-e3 powers the o2 sensor, isc, The +B at the diag port and the fuel pump, so need the fusebox power there

edit: oh and IK1-F1 to B1-17 for the starter, not F6

Last edited:

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Heres a quick conversion of 89+ connectors I have..
M1 PLUG:
Pin #1 Lay in - Backup light
Pin #2 Lay in - Backup light Ts off to Watervalve as well (Power from fuse)
Pin #3 ECU 2A - Speed sensor
Pin #4 IK1-F12 - Tach
Pin #5 Not connected
Pin #6 IK1-F11 - Dash Grnd
Pin #7 IK1-F8 - Oil Pressure
Pin #8 not connected
Pin #9 IK1-E2 - Check engine Light
Pin #10 IK1-F9 - Water Temp
Pin #11 Not connected

B1 PLUG:
Pin #1 Lay in - Water Valve (heat)
Pin #2 Lay in - PPS
Pin #3 IK2-C15 - Fuel Pump Power Diag Port
Pin #4 ECU 22A or 21A - Fuel Pump Trigger
Pin #5 IK1-E4 - NSW for AT
Pin #6 Not connected
Pin #7 IK1-E3 - COR Power (fuel pump relay) (tap into C1-4 wire for power, or ECU 31A or 32A) see post above
Pin #8 Not connected
Pin #9 ECU 1A - IGN switch
Pin #10 IK1-E4 - Starter switch
Pin #11 ECU 34A - AC Idle up
Pin #12 Lay in - PPS
Pin #13 Not Connected
Pin #14 IK2-F6 - Ign Power - injectors
Pin #15 Not Connected

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
A/C Compressor & necessary wiring???

I hadn't paid much mind to it before, but Winter will hopefully be gone soon... I've heard mixed info about wiring up the A/C to work and have most of my connections as on the 1st page.

Any thoughts, feedback, or links to existing threads?

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Satan;909861 said:
A/C Compressor & necessary wiring???

I hadn't paid much mind to it before, but Winter will hopefully be gone soon... I've heard mixed info about wiring up the A/C to work and have most of my connections as on the 1st page.

Any thoughts, feedback, or links to existing threads?

Not sure exactly what you mean.

Only A/C wiring you will need is the A/C idleup connection. The MKIII A/C Amp takes care of everything else.

Sunday we got my buddys car up and running.. its running strong too (1jz on aristo harness/ecu)